Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: People with young children....

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Also, at least here in the US (I don't know where you are from) people do not have the right to do as they please if it effects others (unfortunately). Examples being: smoking in public places, seatbelts, motorcycle helmets etc etc.. That's the real world here.
    As far as I know nobody has ever died from listening to a screaming child
    Contributing to high blood pressure is sure a killer. Ask any doctor.
    Go Leafs Go.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post

In my opinion you are the one that is greedy not wanting to have kids, only thinking about yourself and your selfish ways, second if you don't like it when kids cry, stay home, people with kids have the right to do as they please, who cares about what you want or feel? welcome to the real world
    Well, I think I am not being greedy. I dont want kids because:

a. I would be a horrible father
    b. my wife works a "real" day job and I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

Also, at least here in the US (I don't know where you are from) people do not have the right to do as they please if it effects others (unfortunately). Examples being: smoking in public places, seatbelts, motorcycle helmets etc etc.. That's the real world here.
    FFS, you're claiming that most women have a "fake" day job, where they have all the time in the world to spend with their children? You're living in a bubble, matey..

And if you really wanted to have kids, you'd manage your way around your tight schedule.. Just ask students who have kids (Uni students, obviously), and other businessmen with full schedules that have kids.. You're using that as an excuse as to why you're a blessing to this world that you have decided not to have kids and spare us of 1 more kid who might just decide to scream because he wants some milk for breakfast..

As it is, do you not think that when you were a toddler, you probably threw tantrums and cried out loud on a number of occasions to try get what you want? Have you not complained to your parents for not keeping you home until you could put together 15-word-sentences with a total of over 80 letters per sentence in every conversation with a human being?

Jesus...
    Last edited by tralalala; 10-13-2008 at 04:24 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

I don't know what kind of a father it would make you, but it must make you a terrible husband. I doubt your marriage will survive for long like that.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    ^True, never thought of that

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

I don't know what kind of a father it would make you, but it must make you a terrible husband. I doubt your marriage will survive for long like that.

...but he's away for most of the time. Surely that makes him a brilliant hubbie

6. Lounge   -   #46
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

Ironically, we have the best marriage out of anyone that we know. The reason for that I think is that we dont see too much of each other. We have dinner together and see each other weekends. Been together 11 years and going strong.

I'm a great husband.
    Go Leafs Go.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post

b. my wife works a "real" day job and I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

FFS, you're claiming that most women have a "fake" day job, where they have all the time in the world to spend with their children? You're living in a bubble, matey..
    No what I was saying is that I don't have a "real" job. I don't collect a proper paycheck and don't have a boss. She is the actual money maker in the family although obviously our business income helps a lot.

Please don't jump to conclusions.
    Last edited by puckface; 10-13-2008 at 05:38 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    People can only read what you post and base their reactions on that.

I read it the same way as the dumb kid.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post

In my opinion you are the one that is greedy not wanting to have kids, only thinking about yourself and your selfish ways, second if you don't like it when kids cry, stay home, people with kids have the right to do as they please, who cares about what you want or feel? welcome to the real world

Guess what? People here in the US do it all the time, there are day cares for people that work. Because you have to sleep that wouldn't make you a horrible father. You are never ready to be a father until you do.
    It is not the samething smoking and having a kid, that is out of place.
    I don't ware my seatbelt because of a law, and of course it should be the law, well it saved my life andmy daugther's as well.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun

Ironically, we have the best marriage out of anyone that we know. The reason for that I think is that we dont see too much of each other. We have dinner together and see each other weekends. Been together 11 years and going strong.

I'm a great husband.
    That's not a marriage, thats sharing an apartment, it is called convenience.
    For what you know, she may be doing it with anyone, you will never know, not that you care either.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast