Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: People with young children....

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    see, now that's a good thing. I'm talking mostly about the idiots who ignore their kids and let them run amok without doing a damn thing. Obviously everyone acts up (adults included) but its when shit gets out of hand and when parents know their kids are gonna act up and don't give a shit is what bugs the fuck out of me.
    They shouldn't sell haribo's

2. Lounge   -   #62
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    see now I didnt know what Haribo was until just now.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    The Halal Haribos for Muslim children
    By MARTIN DELGADO, Mail on Sunday
    Last updated at 21:54 18 November 2006

Leading sweets manufacturer Haribo has launched a Halal version of its products aimed specifically at Muslim children.

Haribo began selling the fruit-flavoured jellies, which have been approved by senior clerics, at Asda supermarkets earlier this month.

The sweets do not contain gelatin, which is unacceptable to Muslims because it is made of animal products forbidden under Islamic law.

Alcohol-based colourings and flavourings have also been taken out.

The only difference in the packaging is a green sticker with the word Halal written in English and Arabic.

It is the first time a major confectionery firm has launched a range of products for Muslim consumers.

At present the sweets are being sold only in areas of the North West with large Muslim populations, but there are plans to extend into other parts of the country later this year.

Eight varieties, including the top-selling Gummi Bears, are being distributed in Britain by Manchester-based businessman Neville Finlay, who claims to have been working on the idea for 15 years. He says the products have been a huge success.

The complex new manufacturing process, which involves replacing gelatin with naturally grown cells called hydrocolloids, is carried out at a factory in the Austrian city of Linz.

The sweets are then imported into Britain by Mr Finlay's company, Forest Tree Foods.

The 54-year-old businessman said: "There is a huge market out there for Halal sweets if you can get rid of the gelatin. The Haribos taste more or less the same as the standard product but their texture is a fraction softer and they are not quite so rubbery.

"Sales have been phenomenal. More than 10,000 packets are being sold each week and we hope to sign contracts soon with both Morrisons and Woolworths.

"We sell in mainly Muslim areas. The supermarkets give us instructions according to their customer profiles and then we react.

"I am an Orthodox Jew so my presence in the Halal market might be seen by some as a little weird. But there has never been any friction with my customers and I see the whole thing as a fine example of peaceful multiculturalism.

"The supermarkets have recognised that they can expand into this market without damaging their core trade by withdrawing existing products from their shelves."

Mr Finlay said an Imam from the Muslim Association of Austria had visited the factory to check on the manufacturing process and every ingredient had been given a Halal food certificate.

The Halal Haribos cost the same as the standard product - 79p for a 100g bag - and have their own display rack in some shops.

German firm Haribo, formed in 1920, is one of Europe's biggest sweet manufacturers, selling its products in more than 150 countries.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I totally agree with the OP. If a kid spazzes out in a public place you yank them outta there, drag them home and put them to bed. Even if it's 10am in the fucking morning. I don't have kids btw .

Would never have guessed

Kids can get hyper and I can only speak for mine but when hyper, SGG in particular, could moon walk sideways up walls (orange smarties were good for this). However there is a difference between a kid on duracel batteries and an obnoxious ill mannered little git (often a carbon copy of the parent to be honest). Sometimes tiring, the former are just being kids and there is nothing wrong with that at all - the latter we should be allowed to line up to take a free boot at (and give the kid a quick clip around the ear too). imho
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Les = :sage:

6. Lounge   -   #66
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Did I hear tell of a reversal in Scottish legislation as regards to spanking children?

Or what?

Could be confused. It's been known to happen.
    Last edited by chalice; 10-13-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Bring back fucking busyedit

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Did I hear tell of a reversal in Scottish legislation as regards to spanking children?

Or what?

Could be confused. It's been known to happen.
    Search me It has been discussed but I can't remember what they decided.

Anyhoo I think SGG would look askance if I took that approach these days -and then kick me in the nuts
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #68
    I know in Wales that it's practically mandatory, like.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Smacking and the Law in the United Kingdom
    Prior to 1998, British parents were afforded the right to use “reasonable chastisement” to discipline their children but the subjective term “reasonable” was never well explained. In September of that year, the European Court of Human Rights decided that this law did not adequately protect children’s rights and so the Children’s Act of 2004 sought to clarify the laws surrounding smacking. Under Section 58 of the Act, smacking remains legal as long as it does not cause visible bruises, grazes, scratches, swelling or cuts. As of June 2007, these conditions provoked a Ministerial review of Section 58 of the Children’s Act with some Ministers again calling for an outright ban on smacking children. Scotland operates some smacking bans, and strict definitions of “reasonable” punishments. The Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People is seeking a full and outright ban on smacking children.

I think it's for weans under 3 in Scotland.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Yep, that's it, JP. Knew there was something in Scotland not quite in keeping with the rest.

Cheers.

Devolution is a wonderful thing when politicians actually talk to each other.

Wouldn't know much about that myself.
    Last edited by chalice; 10-13-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast