Thread: Where can I buy a cheap MIDI keyboard.

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I need a midi keyboard, it doesn't have to be anything crazy, it just needs keys and an input to a computer. I want to start using reason..qwerty wont cut it like it did with fruity loops.

Anyone know where I can buy one (online or off)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can get a $99 dollar keyboard controller at Best Buy ($79 if you watch for the sale). The keyboard has no sounds of its own but once hooked up to the PC it can use the ones from any sound library you can get your hands on, or even fruity loops sounds. It comes with some software that would probably allow you to add software keyboards to it via plugins and you would then be able to play those keyboards with the real ones keys. They also have a selection of more expensive keyboards to look at. Check the back and look for Midi in and out and hopefully thru as well, along with an inexpensive midi hub (midiman midisport 1x1 or 2x2) you can find online, you will be all set except for all the software you can find online (wink).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Thanks man, but I found someone who will sell me a M-Audio brand MIDI keyboard for 60$..thats a freaking steal so im gonna grab it this saturday.