Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRC Download script

does anyone have a working template to make an irc script that downloads newly uploaded torrents on private sites? i searched the forums, and i saw a mention for an SCT script. i couldn't find the script though, so i was hoping someone could post it or something similar to it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    hrmm nice name.

anyways... you should check the forums of the sites you're on... if they have an IRC announce they should have some scripts available in the forum...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ive posted on the sites and they just say use RSS...but i was hoping to take advantage of the instantaneous aspect of irc.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    There's no real script that can be used for all IRC announces, as they are all announced differently.

You can basically think of an IRC download script as two main parts: the first part, the unique part for every tracker, is the part which forms the direct download link of a torrent you want. Again, this is the part of the script that most likely has to remain unique to each tracker.

The second part of the script takes that direct download link, downloads it, and starts the torrent. This part of the script does not have to be unique, and can be reused. Your best bet is to use the script provided by your site. If you can't, learn some basic coding and try to decipher/hack together scripts for your benefit, hope this helps.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i've done java before, but the uses of certain commands in mirc scripts seems kinda foreign. is there a place where i can get documentation or a wiki database type thing that i could quickly look up commands?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ScT script is in the tutorials section of the forum. Check it.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    ScT script is in the tutorials section of the forum. Check it.
    i think it's safe to assume he doesn't have an ScT account .. . .

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    yea, hence why i was asking someone to post it.

but like i said, i can program java. i just don't know how all these mirc commands work. i have an SCC script to work off of. SCT would also be appreciated.
    Last edited by ihav0frnds; 10-17-2008 at 01:34 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If you don't have SCT account, why do you need a download script for SCT?
    Click here if you want to join TTC

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    The thing about such scripts is that they tend to need to be written around the triggers and characteristics of the site in question. I've been writing an auto upload script for a tracker, I was going to share it but honestly the only people it would be useful for is other uploaders on said tracker. It's just too specific.

However, using tcl scripting to catch certain triggers from a certain bot, "Heroes" for example, and splitting the torrent ID from the link to use in a download.php string shouldn't be too hard if you put your mind to it and google up the very basics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast