Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tony Hawk Game

99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    New Tony Hawk game details

Start the hype for Tony Hawk Underground

The game is being described as one of the most customisable console games of all time. Unlike previous outings, players won't be skating as seasoned pros, but as themselves. Players start out by customising their in-game character, with the ability to map a face to the on-screen skaters being the highlight. It is expected this will be achieved via numerous methods, including the Eye Toy, and emailing Activision with a photo. Once a likeness is in the game, players can add all sorts of stuff, such as crazy hair-dos and clothing.

The new game is said to be very story driven, with properly scripted cut-scenes between the skating. Old favourites such as Tony Hawk and Chad Muska will feature here, offering skating advice, or explaining your next goals. As you work your way up the skating ranks in the game, you'll even be able to skate with the pros and compete against them.

For the first time in a Tony Hawk game, you'll be able to jump on and off your skateboard at will. Not only will this allow players to start their skate lines from difficult to reach places, but apparently it will be possible to include mounting and dismounting in combos. As well as travelling around on foot, players will be able to jump in a variety of vehicles such as cars and golfing carts. All these additions will hopefully make for much more varied and exciting gameplay.

This game is also taking the custom level feature much further than in any other game. As well as being able to design much more complex and life like levels, players will be able to populate the levels with challenges, and characters with customisable dialogue. Basically user-created levels will be approaching the sophistication and quality of levels included in-game. With players being able to share their own levels, the developers are hoping for a very active 'mod' community, something usually reserved for popular PC games.

Unfortunately it has been revealed that the online features will only officially be present in the Playstation 2 edition of the game. If a system link mode is enabled, Xbox players may be able to play online with something such as Xbconnect, however this cannot compare to the full on multiplayer experience Xbox Live could have provided. There will also be no connectivity between Gamecube and GBA versions.

What do you guys think?
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

2. Games   -   #2
    Twist3r
    i wish it would be on xbox live...

3. Games   -   #3
    old school
    Thug looks awsome, so do the girls in twisters sig and ava'

How is this "Put your face in the game" thing working?

4. Games   -   #4
    Retired
    I played the 4 games on PSX but I want this one on PC!!!
    It sounds GREAT

5. Games   -   #5
    old school
    the soundtrack looks great:

Rock:

Punk:

Hip Hop:

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    i dont think its coming to PC. only console.

7. Games   -   #7
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    yes. it'll be out 4 pc soon. i used to play thps 4, but it got somewhat boring. even with the amazing graphics, it gets boring

8. Games   -   #8
    Twist3r
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@30 October 2003 - 00:17
    yes. it'll be out 4 pc soon. i used to play thps 4, but it got somewhat boring. even with the amazing graphics, it gets boring
    i never got into 4 because it ran alittle sketch on my pc, but i used to play 3 and it was fun but got boring so i started playing online and its great oh btw THUG is gonna be awsome you can acually snap your deck!

9. Games   -   #9
    BANNED
    its out for ps2 in suprnova already...

10. Games   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Twister+29 October 2003 - 23:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Twister @ 29 October 2003 - 23:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@30 October 2003 - 00:17
    yes. it&#39;ll be out 4 pc soon. i used to play thps 4, but it got somewhat boring. even with the amazing graphics, it gets boring
    i never got into 4 because it ran alittle sketch on my pc, but i used to play 3 and it was fun but got boring so i started playing online and its great oh btw THUG is gonna be awsome you can acually snap your deck&#33; [/b][/quote]
    u have the real cd key for 3?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast