Thread: Be Careful

was dl White Oleander from kaaza today when my anti-virus popped up saying i had the W.32.HLLW.Winur.B virus....i stopped the dl and ran full system scan and it was there ...took me a while at symantec web site to remove all of it.
    eveidently this is a worm that sent out in kaaza and winmx(thats what it said at nortons) so just a reminder keep your anti-virus on...

hope this was right forum

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    u know, i really need to get a Virus Scanner.... but i dont got the money ohwell one day

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Go to verifieds and download Norton Antivirus or go to my site and download a free antivirus or open your kazaalite and look in the web page for AVG.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    That virus is all over kazaa, just have to have a v-scan program running at all times.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Stifler@7 September 2003 - 03:43
    u know, i really need to get a Virus Scanner.... but i dont got the money ohwell one day
    if you look around the forum, you can get norton 2003 'free'
    you can also get a really free antivirus from www.grisoft.com

edit: beaten by sharedholder...i blame the 56k (again)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+7 September 2003 - 03:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 7 September 2003 - 03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Stifler@7 September 2003 - 03:43
    if you look around the forum, you can get norton 2003 &#39;free&#39; [/b][/quote]
    Yes, theoretically speaking of course.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by NightStalker+7 September 2003 - 03:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 7 September 2003 - 03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@7 September 2003 - 03:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-Stifler
    @7 September 2003 - 03:43

if you look around the forum, you can get norton 2003 &#39;free&#39;
    Yes, theoretically speaking of course. [/b][/quote]
    i have nod32 anyway...apparently better detection rate than norton

oh, and of course, i&#39;d never advocate software piracy...that&#39;s just wrong
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>