Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Texas win out?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I think so. If anyone has watched the past two games you'd have a hard time arguing against it, but I'm a tad biased as well.

We've overcome what I thought were our biggest hurdles by beating then #1 ranked OU last week and #11 Mizzou tonight, but we still have #8 OSU next week and #7 TX Tech the following week.

I'm not too concerned about OSU as I think they may be a tiny bit overrated but the Tech game is always tough with their incredible passing game.

Any thoughts from the outside world?

yo

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    musicsavesus's Avatar Poster
    I'll admit I'm huge Texas fan like yourself, so my opinion is biased too.

I think it's hard to argue that Texas shouldn't be the #1 team in the nation considering how well they played against Oklahoma last week and Mizzou last night. Their defense is strong and Colt McCoy is doing an awesome job leading the offense.

OSU and Texas Tech are both solid teams but I'm confident Texas can take them both. After those 2 games, the rest of the season is a lock-in.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    It is hard to decide who is the best. Texas has 1 loss as the Current No 1 ranked team Florida does.
    Both are great teams along with Oklahoma, Boise St undefeated? Texas had a tough schedule though,Boise St really did not.They need a playoff system.
    Last edited by pone44; 12-07-2008 at 09:12 PM.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    We (being Texas) got royally fucked.

We had the toughest strength of schedule in all NCAA football.

Our one loss was to the #5 team at the time (and #2 after beating us) Texas Tech, who also ended their season as another 1 loss team.

We beat (then ranked) #1 Oklahoma in a decisive, two-possession victory on a neutral field, yet they go to the Big 12 Championship and get into the National Championship.

The system is completely fucked.

yo

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Timing is everything, Skiz.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Though it shouldn't be.

The BCS is contradicting their own terms by which the system stands.

It appears now that we're playing OSU in the Fiesta Bowl. Becoming a Horns fan?
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-08-2008 at 01:33 AM.

yo

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Though it shouldn't be.

The BCS is contradicting their own terms by which the system stands.

It appears now that we're playing OSU in the Fiesta Bowl. Becoming a Horns fan?
    I've always had a weakness for the Longhorns.

Think James Street.

Helluva QB, that fellow.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    He's a legend in these here parts.

I even got to met Earl last year. I sat next to him at the barber shop. I asked if I could shake his hand and he said "Well I don't see why not". And so it went...

---------

Even Stoops knows it's bullshit.

"We beat five ranked teams and three ranked teams as the last three games of the year," Sooners coach Bob Stoops said. "That decided it."
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-08-2008 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I even got to met Earl last year. I sat next to him at the barber shop. I asked if I could shake his hand and he said "Well I don't see why not". And so it went...
    That guy authored several of the most incredible runs I've ever seen.

I saw a highlight of him as a freshman or sophomore stiff-arming a guy at about the 5-yard line, and the guy didn't leave Earl's hand, nor did his feet touch the ground, for about ten or twelve yards.

Now, I knew at an early age how to play any game with total abandon, but knew as well that certain efforts were not attempted without risking permanent physical cost.

I spent enough time on the wrong side of that line to wonder how long the guys who did it for every second of every game would last, and the fact he managed to play even eight years is astonishing.

He now spends most of his time in a wheelchair, I believe.

EDIT-

Here's why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKtv4gxuvQ
    Last edited by j2k4; 12-08-2008 at 10:09 PM.

-Mark Twain

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    The bowl system is unfair-sloppy!

Ohio St VS Texas will be a great game. They need a playoff system but won't happen for a while.

Texas will take that game. As the Texas defense is better than The Buckeyes and Oklahoma, i think.

They made it Oklahoma Vs Florida so they could have a high scoring game, rather than a offense Vs Defense match up...Boise St beat Oklahoma and went undefeated this season.No championship because of their schedule. Is all about the $ money! Florida will stomp out Oklahoma.
    Last edited by pone44; 01-06-2009 at 04:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast