Thread: new account for help

BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    hi guys
    lately I see new accounts here (with 1 post) and their first post is seeking for help.
    what do you think that those are really new members here or its older members that use it as cover cause they don't want us to know who they really are cause maybe they real account here have bad reputation (traders/scamers).
    Last edited by BlueLabel; 10-22-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    u reached 1000 .. i thght u wud wait for me to catch up ..
    Now wheres the cake and party u promised

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    we saw a lot of time that more or less or completely non perfect forum members got flamed when they asked for help. so if there is a possibility of making a new account before stepping on a dangerous grounds - it's a logical thing to do
    plus if someone has lost connection with the tracker, and don't have no friends to ask, what would he do? google it, register here and asking right away without reading anything. also quite logical

...anyone remember mansour failing with the quiz on hdbits? epic fail
    Last edited by kukushka; 10-22-2008 at 11:44 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    On more serious note they need not be bad members(traders/scammers) .. Even some good reputed members may do so in order to protect their so called rep here .. Actually i think its mostly the good members who would indulge in such activities as if they would post from their real accnts they not only endanger their rep but also the chances to get into high profile trackers
    Last edited by apextwin146; 10-22-2008 at 11:37 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I wouldn't doubt that some of those accounts are from old users who are too afraid to ask anything publicly. But, I'm sure most of them are just random people who Google tracker names, since FST has a pretty high PR (pagerank) and has top spot in a lot of circumstances.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Sometimes the tracker may not have a working forum to ask for help . I found this place by googling software help .

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    we saw a lot of time that more or less or completely non perfect forum members got flamed when they asked for help. so if there is a possibility of making a new account before stepping on a dangerous grounds - it's a logical thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    On more serious note they need not be bad members(traders/scammers) .. Even some good reputed members may do so in order to protect their so called rep here .. Actually i think its mostly the good members who would indulge in such activities as if they would post from their real accnts they not only endanger their rep but also the chances to get into high profile trackers
    Who the hell is so perfect that they never require any help.

That anyone,meaning youse(and ilk), think(or believe others think) that asking for help somehow makes you less a deserving of anything is just too ridiculous for words.
    The only thing sadder would be if people actually do that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    the chances to get into high profile trackers
    ... are rather non-existing based on FST-rep alone

Who cares who they are ... there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
    But some might read a bit before asking help here...it's the least one can do I think.
    Can you feel the LOVE

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Yeah its obvious.