Thread: Section for this?

Where can I give away invites for sites such as

templateP2P ?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If it isn't a Bittorrent related site, just choose the relative section.

This sounds like something you could put in the "File Sharing" section.

yo

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Oh ok, thanks!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Filesharing section for something filesharing related, it's so crazy it just might work.

In other news, Skizo, "relevant section". I know a lot of people say "relative section" and things like that but it doesn't really work. "Relative to the filesharing section" would work, however it would be comparative. As in "The filesharing sections is quiet, relative to the Lounge". You can only really say it's quiet relative to another section.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    If it's sharing templates for html, or something else, put it in internet section, not filesharing...

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Filesharing section for something filesharing related, it's so crazy it just might work.

In other news, Skizo, "relevant section". I know a lot of people say "relative section" and things like that but it doesn't really work. "Relative to the filesharing section" would work, however it would be comparative. As in "The filesharing sections is quiet, relative to the Lounge". You can only really say it's quiet relative to another section.
    He or she understood what I was trying to convey. I'm satisfied.

I take a greater care in the work place or school. I just don't put much thought into my grammar or sentence structure with regard to interwebs posting. I just spout it off usually. Though to be honest, I think "relevant section" or "relative to the file sharing section" would both be fitting.

I see all of your examples as being just fine, I just don't believe mine was improper.

yo

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

He or she understood what I was trying to convey. I'm satisfied.

I take a greater care in the work place or school. I just don't put much thought into my grammar or sentence structure with regard to interwebs posting. I just spout it off usually. Though to be honest, I think "relevant section" or "relative to the file sharing section" would both be fitting.

I see all of your examples as being just fine, I just don't believe mine was improper.
    I wasn't talking about grammar or syntax, I was talking about the phrase "relative section". It simply doesn't mean what you were trying to convey.

Here are the various meanings of relative

1. a person who is connected with another or others by blood or marriage.
    2. something having, or standing in, some relation to something else.
    3. something dependent upon external conditions for its specific nature, size, etc. (opposed to absolute).
    4. Grammar. a relative pronoun, adjective, or adverb.
    –adjective
    5. considered in relation to something else; comparative: the relative merits of democracy and monarchy.
    6. existing or having its specific nature only by relation to something else; not absolute or independent: Happiness is relative.
    7. having relation or connection.
    8. having reference or regard; relevant; pertinent (usually fol. by to): to determine the facts relative to an accident.
    9. correspondent; proportionate: Value is relative to demand.
    10. (of a term, name, etc.) depending for significance upon something else: “Better” is a relative term.
    11. Grammar.
    a. noting or pertaining to a word that introduces a subordinate clause of which it is, or is a part of, the subject or predicate and that refers to an expressed or implied element of the principal clause (the antecedent), as the relative pronoun who in He's the man who saw you or the relative adverb where in This is the house where she was born.
    b. noting or pertaining to a relative clause.
    Here is relevant

bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent: a relevant remark.
    You meant relevant, mate.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    As someone once said, at the end of the day it's all relative.

I wonder if (s)he meant their uncle came round late at night?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    More like early this morning

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    As someone once said, at the end of the day it's all relative.

I wonder if (s)he meant their uncle came round late at night?

Is it however all relevent.
    You do not need to see my I.D.