Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Supply Help

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i am buying a 500 watt psu. the comp i have now has a 350 watt psu installed in it. how do i add the 500? i'm not a very good computer hardware person. is there any tutorials that tell u which connectors go where? or something like that...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I believe that the connectors are self explanatory and idiot proof.

In other words all the connectors that HAVE to go to a specific place ( i.e. motherboard or floppy drive) will ONLY go where they are supposed to and will only fit one ( correct) way.

The others are generic and will go where they best route (i.e. fans, drives, etc.).

The PSU is one of the easiest swaps to make.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    so there's no tutorials or anything? i can prob do it, but i have doubts. i might break something and get pissed.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I found this in 10 seconds with Google.

Perhaps you should leave this to some one else, Abu.
    You may have the power supply, but you seem to lack the power itself.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    if u need a tutorial to install a power supply u need to go to the emergency room to see if u have any brain damage like someone up there said its idiot proof and if u mess up on a power supply then u are far beyond an idiot.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@7 September 2003 - 00:05
    i am buying a 500 watt psu. the comp i have now has a 350 watt psu installed in it. how do i add the 500? i'm not a very good computer hardware person. is there any tutorials that tell u which connectors go where? or something like that...
    Hold on there kid...I thought you were the poor kid asking for donations...what happened? Did somebody kick you down some dough?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by adamp2p@6 September 2003 - 21:13

Hold on there kid...I thought you were the poor kid asking for donations...what happened? Did somebody kick you down some dough?
    Abu certainly is a mystery wrapped in an enigma ( and soon to be tangled in extra PS wiring, also), isn't he?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by clocker+7 September 2003 - 04:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 7 September 2003 - 04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@6 September 2003 - 21:13

Hold on there kid...I thought you were the poor kid asking for donations...what happened?&nbsp; Did somebody kick you down some dough?&nbsp;
    Abu certainly is a mystery wrapped in an enigma ( and soon to be tangled in extra PS wiring, also), isn&#39;t he? [/b][/quote]
    lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i already ordered the 500 watt psu like a week ago. yea, lol, i&#39;m very confusing. ok, thanks

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Open the case and look at the power supply and look at the new one when you get it. Look at each connector and compare them all before you take anything apart. It should be quite self explanatory but if you are unsure how to do it after looking at it them then I recommend that you find someone else to do it for you.

Boy, I would love to have someone donate a 500 watt power supply to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast