K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
* It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
* All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
* It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
* The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
* For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
* It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
* It has been very well tested. The pack doesn't contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
* It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
* The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
* The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack Changelog 4.1.7 -> 4.2.5 | (2008-10-20)
* Added Media Player Classic Home Cinema version 1.1.843. This version of MPC has some new functionality. Such as internal DXVA decoders for H.264 and VC-1 video, and support for the video renderer EVR. At this moment the regular version of MPC is still included and used by default. Once the Home Cinema version becomes more stable, it will become the default.
* Please read the FAQ if you want to use the DXVA functionality of MPC-HC. All requirements to make it work are explained in there.
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 188.8.131.52 rev. 82
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2202
* Removed libtheora and tremor plugins for ffdshow. Libavcodec is used instead.
* Updated RealMedia components to version 184.108.40.2066
* Updated LAME MP3 ACM codec to version 3.98.2
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.7.7
* When creating file associations for WMP/BS.Player/ZoomPlayer, the icon of the player is used as filetype icon. The MPC style icons are now only used when associating files to MPC.
* Minor changes