Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh?!...what?!...get A Clue

Okay...well...I have Broadband Internet with one of the baddest computers on this earth...and I DO share my files for a period of time. When I get down to about 1/4 empty hard drive...I burn off the files onto CD....usually leaving the file on the network for around 2-3 days so other people may download it from me and taking advantage of my 2.6megs of bandwidth...yessiree.

I was downloading from a certain user last night while I went to work...come back...got a message from him saying that he is cutting me off due to me not sharing. Well...well...well...I leave uploads set at 2 max so my bandwidth may be used to its full potential so not to get too many 56Kers robbing valuable speed.

So..whoever you may be that cut me off...you are one ignorant fellow...I have to say. Have a little bit of patience and wait a little bit to get queued up for my shared files. Some of you think you are sooooo righteous when it comes to sharing that you "get off" by cutting off someone who you think is not sharing...just plain UNCOOL!!...get a clue...read the friggin' "Help" section and learn a little. Just blowing some steam...and if I do ever see that certain user trying to download any of my files...you will be CANCELLED...hehe..and it will be my turn. Otherwise...anyone else is welcome to my shared files...enjoy.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    stop crying people got cut off all the time

so what?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    great first post

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by xenongod@7 September 2003 - 01:13
    Okay...well...I have Broadband Internet with one of the baddest computers on this earth...and I DO share my files for a period of time. When I get down to about 1/4 empty hard drive...I burn off the files onto CD....usually leaving the file on the network for around 2-3 days so other people may download it from me and taking advantage of my 2.6megs of bandwidth...yessiree.

I was downloading from a certain user last night while I went to work...come back...got a message from him saying that he is cutting me off due to me not sharing. Well...well...well...I leave uploads set at 2 max so my bandwidth may be used to its full potential so not to get too many 56Kers robbing valuable speed.

So..whoever you may be that cut me off...you are one ignorant fellow...I have to say. Have a little bit of patience and wait a little bit to get queued up for my shared files. Some of you think you are sooooo righteous when it comes to sharing that you "get off" by cutting off someone who you think is not sharing...just plain UNCOOL!!...get a clue...read the friggin' "Help" section and learn a little. Just blowing some steam...and if I do ever see that certain user trying to download any of my files...you will be CANCELLED...hehe..and it will be my turn. Otherwise...anyone else is welcome to my shared files...enjoy.
    your telling people to read the FAQ

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I'm sort of new to Kazza Lite and I agree that the 56kers are probably cutting
    in during my downloads and I too have a cable modem... so I feel your pain. I leave my shared files free and clear noticing faster uploads from other users but slower downloads for me! As for cutting in, I wouldn't know how and even if I did,
    I wouldn't. It's just not nice. I wouldn't cut in line anywhere else, why would I here? I just allow members to upload at their highest speed, whatever, while
    my downloads are creeping along at 5.00 KB or below. So, to the users who jump to conclusions or just run out of patience....If you can't get to my file(s) or if
    you may be at 20.00kb but want to get to 100 or above,like I notice in my upload column, keep in mind that I'm creeping at 5.00 with some of my downloads... So if I don't
    cut you off... please don't cut me off. Or at least let me finish the download
    if I'm traveling at "Maximum Speed" which is very very rare for me even though I have a cable modem, I notice almost every single time I download if I'm at 65.00 or above, I get cut off!! Why? I don't do it to other users? Then again, I'm not the jealous type.

Sooo, everyone... please don't cut members off just because you can't queue...
    (or cut in)... You can tell if a member is sharing files uploaded from you by just checking their user status... I'm a Kazza lite "Master" sharing. So, just wait your turn... patience is a virtue. And remember, the more people you allow to upload AND share, it makes it easier for others to access THEIR full files and share them as well. In the long run it's good for everyone.
    Ann
    P.S I edited this post and a nice user corrected me with a reply to my first post, you CANT tell if a user shares by
    just recognizing their "status"... but I think there are other ways to find out if the user is sharing without cutting them off.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    CaresToShare said:
    You can tell if a member is sharing files uploaded from you by just checking their user status... I'm a Kazza lite "Master" sharing.
    No, you cannot tell whether or not a person is sharing by what their status says. Just because it says you are a Kazaa Lite Master does not mean you might be even sharing.

Argh! :pirate:

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thanks, I guess I stand to be corrected... but I do share movies and there
    has to be a way a member can check without cutting another user off... isn't there?
    Like I said, I am new... No need to be so nasty... I'm learning as I'm coming along though.

Ann

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by CaresToShare@6 September 2003 - 19:53
    has to be a way a member can check without cutting another user off... isn't there?
    Like I said, I am new... No need to be so nasty... I'm learning as I'm coming along though.

Ann
    Sorry for being that way. I am going to edit the post. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers!

Suzi

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    s'ok I still have to live and learn and then get "Luvs", right?

Ann

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by CaresToShare@7 September 2003 - 00:52

Ann
    There's no sure way to check.

And to the original poster, the odds that the guy reads these forums is a million to one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast