Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ftn

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by eMoneyBags View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I suggest instead of collecting sites(which you have shown evidence of doing)you should look at where your interests lie and try to become a member at places that best satisfy your needs regardless of their level.

@Raban I never would have guessed you would say that ScT is the best.
    btw. if ScT isn't the best, what is (in your opinion)?
    I only was making reference to Raban's often cited love of Sct and not commenting on it's relative merits.

I previously stated imo there is very little difference between any of the better known scene trackers except for a few bell and whistles and if you are looking purely at new releases there is almost no difference in content or meaningful speed at all.

But as evidenced by the previous posts ,everyone has their own viewpoint so all I can say is don't 100% believe anyone and simply do whatever you feel best.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    ftn is not pay4invite, some donators will get invites, but it is not guarranteed that if you donate you will get an invite, I donated and did not get an invite. Anyways, it took me about 2 years to join FTN and actually getting in after that long makes me appreciate the site a lot.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    It's a matter of taste. I prefer FTN and stopped using SCT because I realized that SCT doesn't need me much. They have many servers, a lot of cash, many old users with lots of seedboxes. FTN has much of this too, but I think they are smaller and still growing, so I may have a role to play there. I can be a better part of the community. Plus I feel much safer to be at FTN with the smaller userbase and lower donations a month meaning the site is less of a target for the authorities.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    anjelik's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Lets clarify something.I have never donated before and if I donate now,will I get invite?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    At FTN? No, it is not guaranteed you will get an invite. If you're a member there then read the home page, it explains the invite system.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Wow, mis information runs free in this thread.

Keep this in mind when thinking about *any* tracker your interested in:

NO tracker is worth pining over, or hunting for. Your time is worth more then any tracker. If you really need into any of the harder to get sites, you will get there without seeking, just by being active at the sites you have, and showing interest in those specific areas.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    p0ster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    NO tracker is worth pining over, or hunting for
    Actually, supposing I didn't have What.cd, i would gladly run all over the place hunting for it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    If you are aiming for ScT, keep in mind that it is difficult to survive there without a very fast connection. You may even need a seedbox.
    Stop spreading false information, please. ScT is probably the easiest tracker to seed at. I easily seed back most of the files to at least 1:1, even though I usually leech the files 1-2 days after their release and even though I only have 1mbit upstream. All alone on 3 packs I've uploaded back 3x50gigs, that's on my 1mbit upspeed. If you have any problems you are a hit'n'runner and noone wants to have you in their tracker.
    Word. Imo, sct is one of the easier trackers to seed on. More peers=more seeding no matter how fast the other peoples connections are.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Rtft.
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

This would mean everyone donating now should get an invite! So, how much do you have to donate to get an invite? :p
    Last edited by Roooney; 10-26-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast