Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ftn

Cool

is FTN really hard to get into? i've never talked with anyone who has an account there. that makes me more interested in getting in..

so i'm just wondering. is FTN worth scouring the net (not FST) for someone with an invite?
    Last edited by eMoneyBags; 10-25-2008 at 03:29 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i dont think it is ... aim for ScT instead ... it IS worth it..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i have an ScT account, didn't know it was better.. thanks for the info Raban.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by eMoneyBags View Post
    is FTN really hard to get into? i've never talked with anyone who has an account there. that makes me more interested in getting in..

so i'm just wondering. is FTN worth scouring the net (not FST) for someone with an invite?

Although I can appreciate your curiosity there is nothing greatly different in content from any other Oday tracker(and having TL and ScT you've got that area more than covered)).

I suggest instead of collecting sites(which you have shown evidence of doing)you should look at where your interests lie and try to become a member at places that best satisfy your needs regardless of their level.

@Raban I never would have guessed you would say that ScT is the best.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If you are aiming for ScT, keep in mind that it is difficult to survive there without a very fast connection. You may even need a seedbox.
    Last edited by redMonster; 10-25-2008 at 03:59 AM.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I also think the site is not worth chasing an invite for. Once you finally do hunt someone down that is willing to invite you(and this may take a very long time), you may find yourself very disappointed in the site.

ScT I don't know about since I'm not a member, but I find other 0day sites like IPT and TL(which these sites have more content and more activity) I use way more than FTN.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    FTN is a good tracker but don't expect to find unicorns and golden eggs there. FTN is hard to get into because of their invite system which is now "pay4invite". If you don't have a scene tracker its worth getting into, other then that don't waste your time on another scene tracker if that's your case.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    If you are aiming for ScT, keep in mind that it is difficult to survive there without a very fast connection. You may even need a seedbox.
    Or just enter their competitions for GB's. I've scored over 500 gig in the last 6 months from their competitions. Everyone who entered got at least 100 gig.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ScT is hard to seed, but not to buffer. Just hit the packs (freeleech) and then seedseedseed. Once you've built a buffer then just dl what you need and seed the minimum 72 hours if you cant hit a 1:1 ratio. If your buffer gets used up then dl more packs, rebuild it and you'll be fine.

FTN is a good site considering the noratio, but it will only ever have the edge on ScT if your connection is poor and so keeping a ratio on sct is too hard for you, thats where the no ratio at FTN comes in handy.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    False.

I'm on a 820Kbit upstream and I seed back movies, tv shows all the time. You just need to keep em seeding.

The packs are great too. i did 30GB on one

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast