Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ptn staff are spying nazis?

mikehorner's Avatar hikemorner BT Rep: +3
    10/10 ^^^^^^ Best post in this thread..!

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black after your own recent banning on another forum. Maybe we could make the reasons for that public too, just to show what a great member of the bit torrent community you are ?
    I am quite sure that your own transgressions actually far outweigh those of the people you are threatening on this board, and your heavy handed and overbearing attitude to any criticism of PtN borders on rabid. So before you go threatening others with public disclosure look to your own conduct first.
    I do apologise for overreacting but let's get a few things clear: I was banned for being staff of a NON-TRADING bt forum. I have since quit staffing any place and left for awhile. That was several months ago. But before I quit I accomplished some good things. If you knew what happened behind the scenes you would know I was one of the major forces behind getting the trading section taken away. We were one of the first forums to do that.

I have also banned or helped ban hundreds of cheaters, scammers, and since the trading section was taken away - we banned active traders too. Also do you have any idea how much time and effort I put into finding and catching bad guys. I did that for quite a few trackers, I went out of my way to try to help them over most of the time I was a member. If a tracker has a publicity thread you'd probably see my work there.

So I've done nothing to try to help clean places up and make good for any of my own past mistakes??? Doesn't it matter more what your doing now, and not some stupid things you did over a year ago when you didn't know much better.

There's a huge laundry list of some of the most respected members here and in the torrent community who have a past. Some are even tracker staff at other trackers that you guys love better. I'm not the only one who's made mistakes.

I will stay away from this thread and FST; I don't want to cause anymore problems. It's easy to get overzealous though when your defending a place you love. P.S. I even edited my last posts in this thread. It's not worth the trouble.
    Last edited by WeldenSmith; 10-29-2008 at 11:41 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    I just can say one thing

BEST STAFF EVER

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Long John Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLured View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Slander eh, pretty sure it would be libel I think because it was broadcast over the interwebs but I'm no lawyer. Who knows you could in fact be a Nazi how would anyone prove this not to be true?? So there is no defamation here ,no losses of any kind due to his inappropriate statements. PTN is a fine enough tracker and as I said he just comes across as disgruntled
    Slightly off topic (not like this topic is worth salvaging anyway), but as a (former) lawyer I feel compelled to correct a misstatement on the law You're right that it would be libel, not slander. However, you're mistaken as to both the burden and standard of proof required to prove defamation. The test would be whether the writer/publisher had a good reason to believe that he was a Nazi, and it would be up to the writer/publisher to prove either that he good reason or that the statement is actually true. Still, the main problem with a defamation claim would be showing that a rational reader would actually believe the libelous statement (which is closely related to proving that his reputation had actually been injured). In the seminal free speech/defamation case of Hustler Magazine v. Falwell (US Supreme Court), the court found that Hustler had not defamed Falwell because the average reader could not reasonably believe that Hustler actually meant what it said (it had joked that Falwell had sex with his mother, if I remember correctly). Given the source of the Nazi comment in this thread, I think it's doubtful that a reasonable person would take him seriously

Well, that killed some time for me - class dismissed.
    Dude that was so sensible you probably killed this mindless thread

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    It wasn't already dead?

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    If everything that has happened in this thread and to me at my existing p2p communities is not enough proof that ptn is (in fact) full of spying little babies, then I don't know what would be. DeadCell is a little baby that just goes around calling people names. All of the members here that defend ptn have just not seen the evil in their ways yet.

Everyone that is harping on me calling them a nazi is just trying to dodge the task at hand. That was merely me using a term with a negative connotation that reflected an overbearing ruler to some degree. I didnt put much thought into this word, but I think it is rather fitting. The obvious point of this thread and I think it is clear to all of those that are objective is that ptn tries to control what we users say about them to an excessive degree. FST clearly does not put up with this sort of censoring and for this, I love you. Our freedom to say what we want, available for an audience to hear if they so choose, is of the utmost importance and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    Last edited by LeBronJames; 10-31-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: typo

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    You remembered me of Larry Flint

One other thing... who the fook cares?
    There are enough trackers out there to satisfy everyone. You dont like PTN/ you got banned move on... I am sure this is not first or the last tracker you got banned and you are not the 1st person who gets banned. I have the feeling you really loved the tracker this is why you are so pissed.

Progress involves changing...
    Last edited by ovisan; 10-31-2008 at 12:52 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    mikehorner's Avatar hikemorner BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBronJames View Post
    If everything that has happened in this thread and to me at my existing p2p communities is not enough proof that ptn is (in fact) full of spying little babies, then I don't know what would be.
    What has happened at your other p2p communities..? Have you got banned..? And from which..?

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLured View Post
    Slander eh, pretty sure it would be libel I think because it was broadcast over the interwebs but I'm no lawyer. Who knows you could in fact be a Nazi how would anyone prove this not to be true?? So there is no defamation here ,no losses of any kind due to his inappropriate statements. PTN is a fine enough tracker and as I said he just comes across as disgruntled
    Slightly off topic (not like this topic is worth salvaging anyway), but as a (former) lawyer I feel compelled to correct a misstatement on the law You're right that it would be libel, not slander. However, you're mistaken as to both the burden and standard of proof required to prove defamation. The test would be whether the writer/publisher had a good reason to believe that he was a Nazi, and it would be up to the writer/publisher to prove either that he good reason or that the statement is actually true. Still, the main problem with a defamation claim would be showing that a rational reader would actually believe the libelous statement (which is closely related to proving that his reputation had actually been injured). In the seminal free speech/defamation case of Hustler Magazine v. Falwell (US Supreme Court), the court found that Hustler had not defamed Falwell because the average reader could not reasonably believe that Hustler actually meant what it said (it had joked that Falwell had sex with his mother, if I remember correctly). Given the source of the Nazi comment in this thread, I think it's doubtful that a reasonable person would take him seriously

Well, that killed some time for me - class dismissed.
    Show off!! Damn sophisticated of you eh lawyer guy

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Show off!! Damn sophisticated of you eh lawyer guy
    Hey Detale, that's EX-lawyer guy, thank you very much. And I am quite the muthafuckin' sophisticate, glad you noticed

EDIT: Aw shit, I just helped keep this lame-ass thread alive, sorry!
    Last edited by DarkLured; 10-31-2008 at 07:20 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast