Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sct vs FTN

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    ScT ftw!!
    care to elaborate on that or were just looking to increase ur post count
    /Like i am doing rite now
    No i was just trying to make my point short and simple. Ftn lacks content and its best quality is the non ratio system. Sct has better speeds and better content. Just build a good buffer in Sct and there you go. You have Ftn +1.

Sct takes it by a long shot.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post

ScT also doesn't have that problem, because ScT members give crap about their tracker. FTN is a gathering place for 3,000 inactive FST users, who keep their accounts only to have the bragging rights.

I am seriously looking forward to some actions from FTN's staff. This place has the potential to be something better than just another dry, gray and dull tracker.
    Yes, ScT members "give crap" about their trackers, of course; but a very small amount. It could be said that ScT's userbase is composed 80% auto-downloading robots on a seedbox, 10% people who purchase invites to sell and make a profit from, 5% troll 4chan pedophiles, and that great big 2% of people who "care" about their tracker enough to whisper a complaints about the ancient blue stylesheet, hoping not to get banned. Those percentages overlap, of course.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    becomehokage's Avatar AAARGH! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post

ScT also doesn't have that problem, because ScT members give crap about their tracker. FTN is a gathering place for 3,000 inactive FST users, who keep their accounts only to have the bragging rights.

I am seriously looking forward to some actions from FTN's staff. This place has the potential to be something better than just another dry, gray and dull tracker.
    Yes, ScT members "give crap" about their trackers, of course; but a very small amount. It could be said that ScT's userbase is composed 80% auto-downloading robots on a seedbox, 10% people who purchase invites to sell and make a profit from, 5% troll 4chan pedophiles, and that great big 2% of people who "care" about their tracker enough to whisper a complaints about the ancient blue stylesheet, hoping not to get banned. Those percentages overlap, of course.
    Wow...wtf do smthing else dude...
    Im kay

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    First off, they are both great trackers.
    I use FTN for all my 0-day stuff and it is my first port-of-call for everything else simply because I don't have to worry about ratio.
    I could buffer my account at SCT by downloading packs that I will never watch, but with FTN I don't have to.
    The speeds are generally good at FTN, but for most stuff I download speed isn't that important anyway as I usually don't watch things straightaway. But on older torrents, if I want them quickly, I will use SCT if the speeds on FTN are slower.
    SCT has more torrents.
    FTN has less members and so offers greater security.
    Last edited by wheeloftime; 10-29-2008 at 09:48 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    addiction's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Thnaks a lot for all your reply, it help me a lot to understand the difference between the two! Thanks guys

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Apples and oranges folks. Like comparing an oil company to a non profit company. Obviously the non profit company isn't going to have 10 servers, p2l access on topsites, etc.

sct pays for leech access on topsites
    ftn trades and earns credits
    sct sells gb/s and invites
    ftn relies on it's users to support the site willingly
    Apples and oranges..

But to counter the comments about our "community" not caring about the tracker, our donations are passed sct's this month. And to make that even more amazing, 50% of them were given within 2 days.
    As I recall (keep in mind this is only what I heard, I won't swear by it so take it with a grain of salt) sct stopped giving invites for donations and people stopped donating, so they brought it back. There are always going to be people who won't (and some just plain cant) spend hard earned money on something without getting something of larger value in return. Especially with todays economy.

Christmas time is when 2 new portions of the site will open, modified overall system, as well as much more in terms of features. Inactive users (fst collectors) are removed on a daily basis and will continue to be. Once you see the new system, this will all be done completely automatically.

As of the moment, I am the ONLY coder/sysop active on FTN. I also am a full time student, have a job, and hang out with friends on a regular basis. The site will be growing at a slower rate until my partner is back to help out.

To the op, as well as anyone else who feels the need to open one of these topics, don't expect anything useful. There will be FTN followers, there will be SCT followers. Everyone is going to have their own personal preference so I suggest you just get on both sites and decide for yourself because they're nothing alike except for being 0day.

SCT is a good site. FTN is a good site. Neither are the same.
    Last edited by Brandon; 10-29-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by addiction View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roooney View Post

Don't have FTN account, so can't speak for them but ScT have 22591 files atm. TL have 15582 right now
    However, TL is more prone to close since it have a large number of user.
    TL has 150k+ since 2006, so I don't think they gonna close (and if I'll be so upset), I guess they are paying money to MPAA
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by (I) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by addiction View Post

However, TL is more prone to close since it have a large number of user.
    TL has 150k+ since 2006, so I don't think they gonna close (and if I'll be so upset), I guess they are paying money to MPAA
    i also think about this sometimes. do you think that bribes are common even in the torrent world? x)

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    wish's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I will have to go with ScT because I have never been in to FTN

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Apples and oranges folks. Like comparing an oil company to a non profit company. Obviously the non profit company isn't going to have 10 servers, p2l access on topsites, etc.

sct pays for leech access on topsites
    ftn trades and earns credits
    sct sells gb/s and invites
    ftn relies on it's users to support the site willingly
    Apples and oranges..

But to counter the comments about our "community" not caring about the tracker, our donations are passed sct's this month. And to make that even more amazing, 50% of them were given within 2 days.
    As I recall (keep in mind this is only what I heard, I won't swear by it so take it with a grain of salt) sct stopped giving invites for donations and people stopped donating, so they brought it back. There are always going to be people who won't (and some just plain cant) spend hard earned money on something without getting something of larger value in return. Especially with todays economy.

Christmas time is when 2 new portions of the site will open, modified overall system, as well as much more in terms of features. Inactive users (fst collectors) are removed on a daily basis and will continue to be. Once you see the new system, this will all be done completely automatically.

As of the moment, I am the ONLY coder/sysop active on FTN. I also am a full time student, have a job, and hang out with friends on a regular basis. The site will be growing at a slower rate until my partner is back to help out.

To the op, as well as anyone else who feels the need to open one of these topics, don't expect anything useful. There will be FTN followers, there will be SCT followers. Everyone is going to have their own personal preference so I suggest you just get on both sites and decide for yourself because they're nothing alike except for being 0day.

SCT is a good site. FTN is a good site. Neither are the same.
    I'm disappointed that you choose fst to tell when the new features will roll out instead of your own site.. Anyways, I can't wait for the new features.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast