Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sct vs FTN

As good as FTN users have it (no ratio system), I can't see it being any better than what SCT users have either (free no pretimed content). Nil all draw in my book. You're still obliged to share at both sites for a period of time.

One more thing, is it just me or does the following 'misconception' stem from what SCT was like 'before' pretimed content was free and the userbase was 10k?
    Quote Originally Posted by naikon View Post
    yeap, sct is good, but it hard to keep good ratio ( if you have upload less than 512kbps )
    Biggest misconception on FST is the above one.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    I'm disappointed that you choose fst to tell when the new features will roll out instead of your own site.. Anyways, I can't wait for the new features.
    Disappointed that I felt it better to surprise the users on site with a few christmas goodies? Just means i care more about FTN than FST.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by jars View Post
    As good as FTN users have it (no ratio system), I can't see it being any better than what SCT users have either (free no pretimed content). Nil all draw in my book. You're still obliged to share at both sites for a period of time.
    "If you were not already aware, there's no 'minimum seeding time' requirement on all torrents. That's not a free license to hit 'n' run. You're not forced to seed to a minimum of 1:1 ratio or for 'x' hours but you're expected to seed for as long as possible. This has been implemented on a trial basis, keeping faith and assuming goodwill on the part of the matured torrent community of FTN. It's up to the members to make or break it."

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Ok, thanks, Tokeman. I'm not on FTN so I wasn't sure on the exact 'rule' however in the spirit of sharing I assumed it'd be 'a period of time' and certainly 'no hitting and running' policy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    After reading brandons first post in this thread you really want to be a part of ftn ^^
    RIP Swebits <3

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    while sct is faster with the downloads, it's easier to hang around ftn without their forums feeling like you're in junior fucking high school

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This song is very good, lets start from beginning..
    TCS Byatch in training

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Both are good for torrents but sct forums really is 4chan in disguise..

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Listen to me guys. I have both and I don't really see a diference... lol no i don't. I wish...

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    1. At OP, I find it extremely difficult that you didnt already know the answer to this question. Just the fact that you are on this forum means that you know about private trackers, and if you know about private trackers, you know about these two. And if you didnt know, this topic has been made 100 times with exactly the same posts. Quite frankly this thread wasnt neccessary and I think you owe this forum an apology (not that I expect you'll give one, and please noone quote me and try start an argument because im not going to check this thread again).

2. As Brandon said, apples and oranges. It depends on what you want. Continuing with the metaphors, im going to explain it differently. Its like choosing between becoming a doctor or an investment banker. Doctors get to help people, they get to feel good about what they are doing but at the end of the day, the investment bankers earn the big bucks and drive the nice cars. Depends on whats more important to you. In this metaphor FTN is the doctor and SCT is the investment banker, and NO the money isnt a reference to P2L.

The point im making is, FTN has two redeeming qualities, the community and the no ratio system. Personally, I dont need nor care about either (no offense to anyone). Whereas SCT has the speeds and pres. Content is irrelevent, if you are in these trackers then theres a 99% chance you are in a bunch of other trackers and if you cant find what you need at these two sites you will elsewhere. But yea it depends what you look for in a tracker, and how hard you find seeding. Like I said, im an SCT man, I go to trackers to seed, leech, and enjoy my pirated hoard, and SCT is the best for that. Each person to their own.

3. Quite frankly, TL is better than both. And again, please note that if you wish to dispute this, remember that I shall not be reading this thread again so dont try argue with me, that being said I have absolutely nothing against healthy debate. My reasons for TL is simple, a) It has everything b) It has everything nicely seeded c) Its just as easy to maintain a ratio as it is at a noratio site. I dont really need the smaller pre times, so I often switch between TL and SCT depending on my situation. Again, each to their own.

4. Lastly I would like to ask the mods to please make a thread titled "Threads NOT TO BE MADE" as a sticky, and in it, contain information such as BCG keyword info, SCT vs FTN, What vs Waffles, and anything else relevant.

peace

Cradle

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast