Thread: Bandwith Trouble When Downloading Torrents

Maybe I'm not getting this...

For a while, I've been having bandwith problems whenever I download any torrents. I use Demonoid and I haven't been able to get >100kbp/s or so. EVER. Usually it's in the double digits and very disappointing to say the least.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to open up the speed?

- Aluminum Macbook running Transmission
    - Cable internet via Optimum Online
    - My normal internet speeds generally run in the 1.5mb/s range

Thoughts, anyone??

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I have same client/isp and see much better speeds daily on private sites. However, lately I've noticed my speeds dropping off after hours of running several torrents. I am thinking maybe it is Transmission, but I really don't know. I think its very possible that you are downloading for faraway peers with slow upload speeds when using Demonoid. If you try a fast, private site, if you can, I bet you'll see much better speeds. Or try a very well seeded torrent on Demonoid. If that doesn't work, you may have to contact Optimum to see if you've been throttled after they were notified about torrent use.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Its demonoid bro go get in some private sites and you will see much better speeds. Everyone caps their speeds on demonoid

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    How do I get into private sites? I thought Demonoid is private...
    Last edited by HyQuality; 10-27-2008 at 08:13 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    you need invite for that
    wait untill you can enter the giveaway/req section
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    How do I get into private sites? I thought Demonoid is private...
    at the begining
    I also thought that it was privite but with no raito updating it seems to be public tracker
    I think I almost seed 50-100GB, but still, my ratio changed just a litle bit. It is really huge but I hope that they make it live.
    anyway, you can try torrentbytes instead, I'm sure you will use full of your bandwith

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ostracizado's Avatar Biatx BT Rep: +5
    What about direct download ? i'm sure you should have a lot more speed .. anyway .. i really don't see demonoid as a private tracker it keeps getting slower... HyQuality give it a try at http://speedtest.net/ and see if your having any problem with your donwstream ..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    demonoid is not a private tracker its basically as public as you can get... people throw those demonoid codes around to any moron who wants them

sign up for a REAL tracker... and you will see the speeds... aim low go for something like SCC

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    aim low go for something like SCC
    Hell even IPT should suit him