Thread: Tribler : decentralized search BT

apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Do you think this project will be successfull in its implementation on a world wide scale like BT ? The idea sounds nice as we wont need to connect to sites to download the individual torrent files .

//This is just for peeps who mostly use Public trackers for content or some rare content ..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    It might turn out nice for finding rare stuff, but I'm sure speeds/peer quality will be similar to that of regular public trackers, so I'll stick to the good ol' private trackers for now.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The speeds will be a issue but think of all the content you would be able to find out like this .. The problem with the commercial/known private sites is that they dont allow upload of your own content or have rather stringent rules regarding this operation .. This way people will able to share withput any worries ;but yes speeds would be a problem .. Would turn out somehwat like limewire/bearshare i think ..