Thread: Windows Xp/dreamweaver Mx Probs!

Ok had Windows 98 (se) and Dreamweaver MX...no probs..could upload to my website etc etc..Now jus upgraded to Windows XP (pro) and can i get Dreamweaver to connect to my webhost..Can i F**k!!! Wonderin' if anyone else has had the same problem...And yep i've tried turning off XP's built in Firewall, reinstalled Dreamweaver again, checked my passwords and stuff..No joy..Please help!!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You havent by chance, once you upgraded, and re-instaleld your firewall, blocked it form using the interent?

Also, I would recomend waiting till the end of the month, as Dreamweaver MX 2004 is out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    u nay hav to reinstall dreamweaver. ad some files are different in nt based systems

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Going back to my original posting...and i have seen so many other people in Dreamweaver forums with the same damn problem.....It's like this-
    Dreamweaver MX just aint connecting to my webshost in XP (so i f***ed for updating my website at present)..I've tried uploading with CuteFTP (xp version), no joy still wont connect...turned of XP's Firewall..still no luck..uninstalled and re-installed Dreamweaver (cleaning out all old settings in registry)..No luck..Cmon someone must have found a solution????

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    OK OK I sussed out the problem (well 99% certain)..with the problems i was having connecting to my Webpage host through Dreamweaver MX (after upgrading to Windows XP)...It was just simply that the Host i was with can not accept/or dont like the Port settings in XP..coz i tried so many FTP programs besides DW to connect to my Webhost, without any success (firewall on or off)..Changed my Webhost...and hey Dreamweaver now connects a treat...Try it ya might like it!!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@4 September 2003 - 09:54
    You havent by chance, once you upgraded, and re-instaleld your firewall, blocked it form using the interent?

Also, I would recomend waiting till the end of the month, as Dreamweaver MX 2004 is out.
    Can't wait for that!!