Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accidental Ghost leeching

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If you remove a torrent once its done, and you haven't seeded enough back, then its a hit and run, not ghost leeching.

If you cycle your router, and the client is still seeding, it will resume when the router boots up. Again, no ghost leeching.

Cleanup has nothing to do with torrents, so no, no ghost leeching.

But you have to keep in mind, you (we) are guests on trackers, and if the admin doesnt want us there, we have no right to be there, weather we have broken rules or not. Do you really want to belong to a site that doesn't want you?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    i think i accidentally did this once when my router f up.
    Last edited by TheGood; 10-30-2008 at 05:56 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    the reason i bring up the CleanUp prog is that whenever I run it I have to log back into the tracker, just wondered if there was a connection.

About being a member, I could see if it was a tracker I just joined, but this was a community I was a part of for over 5 years. Its like telling me I cant use gamefaqs anymore.

my fear is that if it happened once it will happen again and I could get kicked from another site
    Last edited by luckyboym; 10-30-2008 at 05:59 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    The reason you have to sign back in is because you have just cleared your cookies, got nothing to do with the tracker/client or why you were banned.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    it's funny because so far i've learned that I can continue to do everything I have been doing, even though that's what got me banned. I have not seen any explanation of ghosting that actually fits what I do.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I havnt used the PHP announce on a tracker for the best part of 3 years now, and i know we used to get it a lot, with XBTT we never really see it.

Honestly if i told you what it was, i would be lieing, because i cant remember what the main cause of the problem is, its been that long since i have seen the problem.

Basically i think, you do not stop the torrent, but say your PC crashes/you just restart your PC. you never send a STOP announce to the tracker, so you just look like your still on it.

We have it coded now that if you have not announced to the tracker for 1:30min you get kicked off the torrent, what their setup is though i have no idea.

So it does look like you were banned, because of whatever you done to your router.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    kelfa's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It sucks to get banned, esspecially when the staff are a$$holes and will not even listen to you. Most staff are really dicks when It comes to that stuff, they call you a liar and cuss you out, most are immature little pricks.

Even if you have been a good member for years, they just shit you out and don't care for 1 sec.

Sorry bro, move on a pick a better community

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I have had that problem to it is caused by a random crash or router constantly dropping out.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Ghost torrents aren't related to ghost leeching. "Ghost" torrents are, as stated above, duplicate reported sessions of a torrent you are leeching, which can be caused by a myriad of things, including torrent client crashes. Ghost leeching is effectively getting the data from peers on a given torrent without reporting the stats to the tracker itself.
    Last edited by integral; 10-31-2008 at 05:28 AM.

they didn't built Rome in one day

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    what if a ghost was leeching from your account while you were asleep?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast