Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accidental Ghost leeching

Hello all, I just got banned from a tracker for "ghost leeching". I had to look up this term because I had no idea what it meant. My question is Can someone accidentally "ghost leech"? I understand that you guys cant explain how to do it, but would cycling a router or running a program like CleanUp while downloading cause this problem?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    No, attempting to stop reporting what you're leeching to a tracker will do it, as well as giving out your passkey or torrents you've downloaded to other people who do the same thing; this is breaking the rules.
    Last edited by integral; 10-29-2008 at 10:39 PM.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    but i dont get it. how could I have been ghost leeching without knowing it?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyboym View Post
    but i dont get it. how could I have been ghost leeching without knowing it?
    ditherski made u a question. or is it preferable to report u as a dupe account and u risk lose your original one ?
    Last edited by Cabalo; 10-30-2008 at 12:50 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    I am not sure how you have a ghost leeching. but I dont think it has something to do with CleanUp while you are downloading.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    What client were you using, and where did you download it? Normally cheaters run a program, or a modified client. I suppose its possible that you were using a modified client without knowing it, but you should always download clients from the developers site, not some random mirror site.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well no, there are other possibilities I suppose. I remember hearing about 1 ISP that was messing with the client's announces, they were modifying / blocking the packets sent, and the tracker would see it as cheating.

But that is probably not the case here.

Edit, whered the post above mine go?
    Wierd 0_o
    Last edited by Tokeman; 10-30-2008 at 03:01 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    well damn. I get banned for nothing and now the tool won't listen to reason.

I understand everyone lies on the internet but come on. I was a member of the tracker for over 5 years and have even donated to them.

freakin sucks
    Last edited by luckyboym; 10-30-2008 at 02:13 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11

I understand everyone lies on the internet but come on. I was a member of the tracker for over 5 years and have even donated to them.

freakin sucks
    What was the tracker if you don't mind my asking?

Music lover, baby.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoopDeDoo View Post

freakin sucks
    What was the tracker if you don't mind my asking?
    pwtorrents

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast