Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Thin About Seedbox On Trackers

Enzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Are you against the use of seedbox on trackers or what?Do you think seedbox just be used by uploaders and only uploaders?
    Is just to hard for people who don't have a seedbox or a great internet connections to maintain a good ratio in some trackers..

Give your opinion

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    If I didnt have a seedbox I wouldnt even be able to get what I wanted
    from some sites I would be forced to go elswhere to find it, which
    sometimes there is nowhere to find it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    More seedbox users on a tracker usually represents higher speeds and longer retention, although it can also represent difficulty for seedbox-less users to maintain a good ratio.

I'm of the opinion that seedboxes are a good thing for trackers. Most people who are of different opinion wish to constrain the advancement of technology to preserve the archaic system of the 1:1 ratio.

With high-speed Internet lines getting cheaper, it's clear that the ratio concept should be abandoned or be weighted lower than other factors, such as the total duration that you seed something.

they didn't built Rome in one day

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Seedboxes are what make private trackers awesome. Fast speeds and they keep alive old content. If it wasn't for speeds i would still be in mininova right now but the seedboxes which provide fast speeds is the reason how i discovered torrentleech.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 10-29-2008 at 11:58 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Depends on the tracker. Some trackers make keeping a good ratio easy through use of different point systems not entirely based on upload. Overall though seedboxes are a good thing imo.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Think of it this way. What would you prefer. Driving to your gf's house to bang her for 1 hour or fly to your gf's house in a luxury plane and get there earlier and have 3 hours to bang her?

Choice is simple. Seedboxes ftw.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Seedboxes are useful not only for uploaders. They are used by many people to not have to block their computer and their internet line hours and hours for downloading and seeding.

About their consequences on trackers, it could be a risk if admins put the minimal ratio to hight, in particular on trackers with not enough members. For all others trackers it a great thing, many sbox users seed more than they leech and give a bonus of speed for all users.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm not against users having seedboxes, but I am against them overseeding with them (buffering). This makes it impossible for other users to reach a 1/1 ratio. Now I do know some people will never reach 1/1, but if every one is overseeding, then regular users who used to be able to get 1/1 on a torrent, will no longer be able to since the seedbox is doing all the uploading.

For no ratio sites with seed times, who cares. Let them over seed, it just increases the speeds and no one is hurt by it, since 1/1 isn't required or even monitored.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +1
    I think an overseeding rule of 5 to 1 should be implemented.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I am for seedboxes on private trackers.I love the speed and file retention. I have to admit that in the past I have been one to overseed but I actually use the buffer when I download older torrents that i wont be able to seed back because there are no leechers. I used to see no problem with overseeding and then I saw it from the other side when I first joined SCC and I was only averaging a .6 ratio. I recently set my seedbox to limit the ratio to 2:1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast