Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Internet Speed Booster

Poster
    About how much does it speed the conection up?

(Asumming I'm on 56k)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    I tried every setting in the program and nothing,couldn't even load a page.
    That is not webroot problem ,is something wrong with your settings,i think.BTW, go to pcpitstop.com and run a complete test.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    BANNED
    Originally posted by johnboy27+9 September 2003 - 10:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnboy27 @ 9 September 2003 - 10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@9 September 2003 - 15:35
    <!--QuoteBegin-soma
    @9 September 2003 - 00:59
    u do realize that NO (none, nada, zilch, etc...) internet progs used to increase your speed actaully do anything except take up space on your harddisk....

so why did my speed go from 1007kbps to 1275???
    @johnboy27 what kind of connection do you have?? thats like 2400kbps man, what is your connection
    I am not sure what the exact rating are from my ISP as they don&#39;t list it on their site and never really told me exactly what it was when I signed up.I wasn&#39;t really overly concerned what the exact speed was because I knew it was better then the only other alternative.LOL
    Here is my test speeds from www.wdc.speekaesy.net
    Download speed-2528 kbps or 308.6 Kb/s
    upload-964 kbps

I only saw about 4-5 Kb/s speed increase with the app that was posted in this thread and I tried the webroots one last night and couldn&#39;t even connect to the net after installing it.I tried every setting in the program and nothing,couldn&#39;t even load a page. [/b][/quote]
    that is because you don&#39;t have adsl you got t1 or something as your speed is way too high for adsl and you tweaked for adsl, i don&#39;t know what can tweak yours, as i don&#39;t even think you need it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    BANNED
    Originally posted by NightStalker@9 September 2003 - 10:56
    About how much does it speed the conection up?

(Asumming I&#39;m on 56k)
    don&#39;t know but its a free full download try it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    MUSLEMAN i send you a pm.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@9 September 2003 - 15:58
    I tried every setting in the program and nothing,couldn&#39;t even load a page.
    That is not webroot problem ,is something wrong with your settings,i think.BTW, go to pcpitstop.com and run a complete test.
    I actually tried every setting available and nothing.I just tried it for the hell of it.I actually have cable internet.We only have two high speed internet provider here and one of them capped the hell out of their speed so I went to this one and I see quite good speeds.I didn&#39;t figure it was actually a problem with the software as I am sure it is very good it just didn&#39;t seem to work for me.I may try it again another day.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    My best results after several mods using Webroot accelerator 2k2...

Best results using TCP Optimiser...

I tried (and tested) all 3 automatic options with Webroot and several manual tweaks. Results were fairly consistent with one exception which was much worse.

All tests were done using the same test location at DSL Reports, and the tests were done within the space of about 1 hour.

I realize that every test is somewhat dependent on unique internet conditions, but this is a rather large discrepancy between results, so I would have to conclude that , at least for me, the TCP Optimiser program works the best.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234