Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh i just got an e-mail from seedhost.eu !!

Got that email too..

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    gollum980's Avatar Louis Cyphre BT Rep: +1
    Got that mail and this new too:

Hi,
    We have come to conclusion that there is a need for further explanation concerning the bandwidth. Some of you may think that the capping of servers is dependent on us. Nothing can be further from the truth. It's OVH who changed the rules for their services. We have no influence upon it. We would not like you to think that we want you to buy more expensive servers and earn more in this way. Here is the info on standard bandwidth provided by OVH:

The SLA is intended to Standard Kimsufi (the individual) that did not need guarantees. The client wants a server that works, Discount all services with minimum and no surprises at the end of the month. In terms of bandwidth, we guarantee that 100Mbps can use a non-permanent ie not intensive. In determining the permanent and non permanent, we calculate the bandwidth at 95%. This means that the client has the right to burst for 5% of the month, making 36 hours per month. If the customer uses 100Mbps from time to time (the so-called the burst), there is no problem. As against, whether its use of 100Mbps burst is steady, the bandwidth calculated at 95% will increase. If the average customer uses more than 10Mbps, we limit the burst to 10Mbps instead of 100Mbps. Every day we recalculons automatically bandwidth to 95% of all Kimsufi servers and so if the customer uses less again 10Mbps, it will be right again burst 100Mbps. And so after the next day.

In the previous email we wrote that you shouldn't prolong your service. However everything depends on how you use the server. If you use up to 3-4 TB, there is nothing to worry about. We have observed that only the servers which use an excessive amount of bandwidth are capped. And it is not a rule. The capping seems to be random. We estimate it's about 2-5 out of 100 most exploited servers which are capped. If you use about 50 Mbit on average it's safer to use the PRO servers.
    In case of further trouble from OVH we will let you know immediately.
    Regards

I don't know,
    i use very much the server but the PREMIUM server is too expensive for me..
    Last edited by gollum980; 11-01-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Ratio: TorrentLeech

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    yes it is but it then there is 100mbps available without the fear of capping..

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MrBuddyX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yea I got the letter too.. See I am not a crazy MAX out all the time user.. You can check your stats at anytime by going to uT through the vnc and clicking help options stats and it will tell tell you your totals.. So far I only DL around 2TB, however i had to reinstall uT about 10days ago and b4 that i had checked and my total was around 3TB.. so for a whole month i use around 5TB maybe.. I also have leaseweb DEDI..just the basic 2TB cap per month.. i also have a 20/20 line at home.. So i prob dont even NEED a box + my trackers are BUFFERED like crazy!! anyways i LIKE having the ability to DL and UL at 100MBPS... which translates to around 11mbps on uT..

This is my dilemma.. Keeping the basic package I have now... or upgrading to the DEFINITE 100mbps.. I have been monitoring my box and noticed some things that appeared like I was being capped... For starters when i started seeding a torrent it went up to around 5 mbps... this is usually the AVG I am use to getting total... around 5-7 mbps on torrents with alot of leechers.. it AVG out preob at minimum around 3mbps.. Anyways today when i added the torrent it went up to 6mbps like it usually does... Then all off a sudden it dropped to AVG around 600kbps... and stayed there steady... However i just checked for the past hour and the speeds on that torrent are up to around 2mbps AVG.. and are steady now.. so i dont know what to read into it... ALL i know is that if i am going to get capped at 10MBPS it is POINTLESS for me to BUY bc i have a 20/20 FIOS line which i can max out at around 2.0mbps on uT!! so I dont know if to spend the $$..ESP the setup FEE is 50euros WHICH REALLY SUCKS!!!! plus it is 85euros for the GUARANTEED BOX!! THIS would be almost double what i am paying now.. i can afford it np..but do i REALLY need it.. prob not... i still have 2 mo left on my leaseweb.. and i had 2 mo left on my seedhost but they sent me my $$ back after i said i didnt want to be capped..

SO i have to decide to stick with what I ahve now?? And take thje chance on being capped... or upgrading to a guaranteed 100mbps line.. Does any1 here have the PRO server... Does any1 here constantly MAX out the line?

Also DOES ANY1 know what to make of the LETTER about the bandwidth.. Trying to understand it is hard for me!! lol.. talking about the 36 hour maximim at 100mbps and then doing calculations to determine if u get capped.. It was bunch of mumbo jumbo i was understanding and about the 95th percentile line.. IF some1 here could explain EXACTLY in detail what was going on and what they use to determine It would greatly help me make my decision on whether to upgrade to the PRO , stick with my current boc from seedhost... or to just stop service all together.. As i said i still have 2 mo left with leaseweb with a 2TB per month limit...

thank you...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Heres mine so far, I just switched to seedhost and am being capped already.
    Here is the stats, this is from about 16 days ago when I got it
    Theres plenty of peers to get more upload speed and I cant get it as of yesterday

And look at the ftp transfer now, theres only 1 transfering super slow
    Last edited by ryan20021982; 11-02-2008 at 02:32 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by baker21 View Post
    Also DOES ANY1 know what to make of the LETTER about the bandwidth.. Trying to understand it is hard for me!! lol.. talking about the 36 hour maximim at 100mbps and then doing calculations to determine if u get capped.. It was bunch of mumbo jumbo i was understanding and about the 95th percentile line..

it is very hard to understand but the way i figure it ... as they said they are doing the calculation based on ALL kimsufi boxes.

if you are in the highest 5% of all the kimsufi's you get capped the next day... they just look at all the traffic for all the boxes and cap the top people.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post
    Here is the stats, this is from about 16 days ago when I got it

well so you would have been slated to do about 6 TB for the month... and really that is an insane amount of transfer...

are your ratios so bad that you really need to be buffering that much ?? ultimately its just overkill....
    Last edited by Raban; 11-02-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Ion's Avatar Poster
    Hey ryan20021982,

What program are you using as your FTP?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post

are your ratios so bad that you really need to be buffering that much ?? ultimately its just overkill....
    I upload alot to other sites so no its not insane when half of the stuff I download gets upped to 3 more sites
    i dont do it to buffer I do it to share

@Ion thats cuteFTP
    Last edited by ryan20021982; 11-02-2008 at 07:11 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    MrBuddyX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ye ai use cuteFTP..i seem to get transfer speeds over 15mbps.. i have a 20/20 line at home tho.. anyways ryan i noticed MYSELF being capped.. i usually upload on AVG around 3-5mbps consistently..well yesterday when i added the torrents to start..the uplaod started at 6mbps then all of a sudden it went down to around 600kbps which said to me I am being capped!!! and it stayed there.. leep in mind this was a torrent with 100s of leechers that i usually would get b4 no prob around 5mbps avg... now i am getting 600kbps... LOL.. I am thinking about upgrading to the PRO server... or even to host -IE and get a Gbit link... i guess the speeds are crazy on that... I duno what they MAX out at but it is either get host ie or upgrade to the PRO... i jsut want to make sure with the pro i get 100mbps str8 thru non burtable..no cAP... i dont understand all this burst stuff and SLA and other stuff. if some1 can expalin the speeds to me in laymens terms that would be great.. Explain to me that is the difference b/t the PRO servers guaranteed 100mbps line and the 10mbps line capped.. Also any conmments about hosting ie gbit server would be appreciated..thanks guys

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Ion's Avatar Poster
    Thanks ryan

What ftp server are you using? Sounds like you have a sweet setup that works well.

Thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by Ion; 11-03-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast