Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh oh i just got an e-mail from seedhost.eu !!

Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    yes i know this has been discussed but he just sent me (and maybe everyone?) an email....

Hi
    We would like to inform you that OVH has changed the rules concerning the bandwidth for some of their servers. The servers start-and- play presented on our website are subject to capping and it's not specified how much bandwidth can be used. If you need a lot of bandwidth (unfortunately OVH does not specify how much you can expect from the standard servers), you should go for a PRO server, because then the bandwidth is unlimited. Please do not prolong your subscription for the servers used so far because you might be faced with an unpleasant surprise. We would like to avoid our clients' dissatisfaction. Feel free to ask further questions.
    Regards

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Motorola's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    yeah, i got one, too.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i replied and asked him to make a guess as to how much is too much and gets you disabled...

here is his answer::

"Really it's a lotery now."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    got one here too thats nice

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Motorola's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Its not a lottery.
    Check in OVH forum mates, They discuss alot about it there.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ive already been hit, i asked about it in another thread, didn't get that email though. I did about 6.5 Tbs in the first 20 days before i got capped.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorola View Post
    Its not a lottery.
    Check in OVH forum mates, They discuss alot about it there.
    did they say anything about the allowed bandwidth before they cap it?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I got the mail too !

Can anybody give me the URL to the thread at OVH forums please !

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by t0x1c View Post
    Ive already been hit, i asked about it in another thread, didn't get that email though. I did about 6.5 Tbs in the first 20 days before i got capped.

well that is an insane amount of BW to use ... on a monthly basis i'm not using anywhere near that much.

for anyone who doesn't know you can install "vnstat" on your linux box and it will keep track of how much BW you're using on a daily basis...

for me yesterday i used about 80 GB and today from what i've used so far its estimating 95 GB...

which really to me is not that extreme but a hell of lot more than i could ever transfer on my home connection.... if i get throttled down to 10mbit i will be very upset

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    As long as you are under 4TB without doing 11mbps for 24hr continously its ok .. Atleast thats what i can make out of it

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast