Thread: Dsl Usb Device Disconnection

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    if any body got this kind of problem replay to this post ill give u tip

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    my dsl modem stops responding from time to time and i have to restart my computer. i have the alcatel modem.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i need advise!!!!!!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    1st of all u guys tell me do u have USB DSL modem
    2nd tell me do u have another USB device like web cam which is in use in same USB card

if u do then remove the second device or buy another card if u want to use them both cuz old USB card make too much problem i advise u to buy PCI USB card. i had same problem untill i removed another USB device which was web cam

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    u guys reply me if it did work

Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It depends on the OS you are using.

If you are using Linux, make sure that you use the 2.4 kernel, as the drivers in the 2.5 series have too many problems. I am using the GPL drivers with kernel 2.4.21 with no problems.

If you are on Windows, and you suffer from the same problem, get the latest drivers, and then if you are using Windows NT, 2000, or XP, get the USB patch (unless you have a USB 2.0 compliant card). If you have USB 2.0, then go into your BIOS and disable USB 2.0, and only enable 1, and 1.1.

Monica