Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MLB Free Agents

Forgot where this originated from but a good read for those Yankees haters:

The signing of Tex after they got CC and A.J. by the Yanks made sense.
    The Red Sox didn't really need Tex, and quite honestly, he is a better fit in NY for the Yanks needs.
    Now for every hater or detractor in the house. You're the biggest bunch of hypocrites and talking contradictions I've ever seen.
    First you can NOT deny, that whatever team you root for, if they had the money, and some of them do, that you would NOT want them to spend money to get the BEST free agents available. Every team pays their players to win, so in essence, every team in sports tries to "buy a championship".
    Even still, some are quick to point out that despite the payroll, the Yankees haven't won a WS title in almost a decade, so with that being the case, why complain about how much money their spending if they're losing? I could understand if they were dominating the MLB, but they're NOT. So what exactly are you complaining about?
    Oh, and the farm system and drafting. See, you have to understand the perspective of guys like the Steinbrenners and Jerry Jones. They are winners in business. They took chances, they made moves, and that's why the Cowboys and the Yankees are the two most profitable franchises in ALL of sports. Signing players and making trades is making efforts to uphold a standard that they have had consistently either being a really good, great, or championship team, preferrably the latter. DRAFTING and PLAYER DEVELOPMENT is ALL good, but it requires FAILURE and LOSING CONSISTENTLY to get prospects that have the potential to good or great players over time.
    Can you blame them for not wanting to fall into obscurity while silently rebuilding through the draft or player development? No, you shouldn't, but you would.
    If the Yankees didn't do what they did, you would ask why. You'd say "They got the money, why not pick up so-n-so?"
    That's why you hate the Yankees because they'll go further and harder than YOUR team and YOU expect them to.
    When they lose you laugh in jest. When they win you find every excuse you can to hate them. When they improve it scares you because they're consistent, you know at any given year, your team can be hot or fall off the map.
    Let it go. It's not their fault. Blame your team and your owner. If you DON'T have people hating on you for the moves you make, you''re not doing something right.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Just waiting for the new season. Not saying anything on who is going to win or badmouthing any other teams but i Am a Yankees fan.

Will have to see this new lineup.
    Last edited by pone44; 01-15-2009 at 08:53 AM.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'm really sad to see Smoltz go but i'm really excited we picked up Kamikaze k's.
    See ya in another life, brother.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Well, I think that the salaries of athletes are getting way out of proportion, it is like a mockery to the hard working people, being paid this many millions just to hit a ball with a bat or to throw a ball into a basket for six months or whatever time the season lasts, there are people contributing more to the world than these clowns by finding cures for deceases or inventing new technologies yet most of these people earn a minor fraction of some of the salaries that these "sports players" get, man, that calculator on the ESPN baseball site to compare your salary to either that of CC or Texeira made me really realize how unfair this is.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I understand what you are saying. Thing is that it is much harder to become a professional athlete than most jobs (not all). I would love to make money as Manny R-Texeira-T.O- but it is really hard work!
    I agree the pay range of most these athletes are high but they also put in work to get that money. I wish i could throw as fast as M.Rivera or fight like Floyd Mayweather but-. They bring in the fans and $. So they get the big $.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123