Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB Free Agents

MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/1...lb-free-a.html

Yes,I know. But it's never too early to start on next year. I'm a lifelong Cubs fan....give me a break.

Any guesses on who goes where and why?

I'd love to see Manny in Wrigley next year...but it aint gonna happen.

Does Sabathia stay in Milwaukee? Sheets is out...

The Yankess will fire up massive dough,as usual. And given it was the first time in (how many?) 15? years since they've missed the playoffs? been in every year since 93'

I'll start it with that......Your next.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    manny tops the list of some teams but not mine id love for the redsox to sign CC Sabathia
    Last edited by b1oodyh3ll; 11-06-2008 at 02:38 AM.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by b1oodyh3ll View Post
    manny tops the list of some teams but not mine id love for the redsox to sign CC Sabathia
    I don't think the Brew Crew will have the bucks to keep him.
    Last edited by MaxOverlord; 11-09-2008 at 06:47 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Looks like Cubs are interested in Randy Johnson. Is that guy even effective anymore? He had a mediocre season this year and he seems to be always plagued by injuries.

Yankees just offered CC a big big record breaking contract. I think it's overpriced but if they can upgrade their rotation with CC and maybe another big name free agent starter they will be a force to be reckoned with again.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Cubs and Twins fan here. Would like to see Manny in wrigley too, but as you say, not gonna happen. Randy Johnson as a Cub does not get me excited at all. Looks like Twins are interested in Casey Blake. Not a fan of Blake, but 3B has been such a huge weak spot for the Twins, it would be a decent move.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Xapsa View Post
    Looks like Cubs are interested in Randy Johnson. Is that guy even effective anymore? He had a mediocre season this year and he seems to be always plagued by injuries.

Yankees just offered CC a big big record breaking contract. I think it's overpriced but if they can upgrade their rotation with CC and maybe another big name free agent starter they will be a force to be reckoned with again.

yankees are looking at peavey too. the word is the cc contract will eclipse santana's contract with the mets. either way.....i dont know if im happy or not the cubs are saying bye to k. wood. i hope they land dempster again...its gonna be a very exciting winter. im so-so on the randy johnson idea...although he and lou are old buddies...cubs need a major homerun threat in a lefty.....fukudome was a big let down...if he could stay in the box for just 1 more second instead of falling away...but thats the japanese style...works for ichiro.
    Last edited by MaxOverlord; 11-16-2008 at 06:16 AM.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Who knows maybe Fukudome will rebound and have a better 2009 season.
    I haven't heard much about the Cubs trying to get a big name pitcher this offseason what's up with that? Finance?
    Also looks like Dodgers withdrew their offer for Manny, so let's see what other offers he'll get. Me as a Yankee fan would like to see him in a Yankees uniform but for the amount of years he wants and the need for starters. I expect Mets to make an offer though. I've heard even the Giants are interested in him.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xapsa View Post
    Who knows maybe Fukudome will rebound and have a better 2009 season.
    I haven't heard much about the Cubs trying to get a big name pitcher this offseason what's up with that? Finance?
    Also looks like Dodgers withdrew their offer for Manny, so let's see what other offers he'll get. Me as a Yankee fan would like to see him in a Yankees uniform but for the amount of years he wants and the need for starters. I expect Mets to make an offer though. I've heard even the Giants are interested in him.

I hope Fukudome does...cubs spent enough cash on him..he needs to produce..his defense is stellar and he has a laser arm..but it's not enough if he is constantly choking at bat.

Manny is San Fran? Hmmm...that's kinda interesting.

I'm still wondering about the option of the cubbies dealing Derrek Lee for a few gems. It won't happen but I've seen the question posted on the cubs website.

I'm not a yankees fan but I love Jeter. He is a winner thru and thru and he knows how to get the job done......I'm sure they'll land at least One big arm for next year....they need to do something ..thats for sure.

I'm interested to see where Trevor Hoffman goes. Marmol to set up and Hoffman to close the door. Sounds like a dream team for my cubs.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    That's kind of sad for Trevor though, he's been with the Padres since '93. I wonder if that'll happen to Mariano when he gets that age if he wishes to continue with pitching. He'll probably go to a smaller market team though as I don't see the big market ones trying to get him with Fuentes, K-Rod, etc available too.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Manny on The Yankees? CC also would be nice...

They would be hard to beat...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast