Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bittorent's Weird

Why on bittorent whenever i download films is my upload rate higher than the rate im actually downloading at, how do i change this? thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    U don't just wait it out it will finish eventually.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    With many new P2P u can not cancel Upload or redue speed and BT is one of them and best way to reduce the upload speed is to inctall netlimiter, try google for that, it will help u to reduce the upload speed!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Originally posted by Makaveli-tha-don@7 September 2003 - 12:03
    With many new P2P u can not cancel Upload or redue speed and BT is one of them and best way to reduce the upload speed is to inctall netlimiter, try google for that, it will help u to reduce the upload speed!!!!
    Doesn't that go against on of the main theories behind Bittorrent?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by dingoBaby+7 September 2003 - 16:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dingoBaby @ 7 September 2003 - 16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Makaveli-tha-don@7 September 2003 - 12:03
    With many new P2P u can not cancel Upload or redue speed and BT is one of them and best way to reduce the upload speed is to inctall netlimiter, try google for that, it will help u to reduce the upload speed&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Doesn&#39;t that go against on of the main theories behind Bittorrent? [/b][/quote]
    I use netlimter to keep my upload slightly below my maximum.
    It improves my download by a large amount.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    you can always get shadows experimental client which will limit ul speed, but with BT the ul affects the dl speed, so its best to avoid...id only use this if you were seeding one thing from scratch and wanted to slow down any other seeds.
    <insert signature here>

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    This is an excellent feature, it prevents leeching unless you hack the program.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    n18's Avatar Death God
    i tried suprnova links and the speeds were horrible aswell, same with some anime links, but with kazaa i get silly high speeds like 160kb/s ><

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    muchspl2
    your behind a firewall or a router, cause the speedes with bt are twice kazza
    I have never seen kazza go over 250k/bs but with bittorrent with plenty of seeds, man I&#39;v hit over 400k/bs
    you have to configer everthing, & open ports
    read up on how to configer your computer
    http://www.btfaq.com

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    I read the FAQ at first it seemed to work like 10 kb/s even though on kazaa i get 70kb/s, i was happy to leave it at that but now its back to 6 - 7
    and i&#39;m not behind a firewall just that stupid XP one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast