Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often are Freeleeches on What?

ukgenius's Avatar Genius :) BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    As the title says I am wondering how often What holds freeleeches. I know there was a whole weekend one a while ago with the upload contest, but that is the first full site one I have seen, so I am wondering how often there are full site freeleeches?

And also do they hold freeleeches on special occasions? I know they have a 6 hour freeleech on new uploads to celebrate their birthday, but by that I mean like Christmas, Easter etc.?
    Last edited by ukgenius; 11-01-2008 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    From what I've seen they usually have them on a few major holidays, tho some have been random What events. I'm expecting the next one to be for Christmas, possibly New Years, then we probably won't see one again for some time. They've said their freeleeches would be pretty rare.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    p0ster
    There was FL at christmas last year, and then there was that last one, might have been one in between, don't remember...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Hopefully there is one this christmas too.
    And even better, on this christmas and another between now and then.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    All new torrents are freeleech for six hours.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    gan.nez's Avatar ~~tHa mAn~~ BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    All new torrents are freeleech for six hours.
    no way!!! for real??? had no idea

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yep I have increased my upload by a fair bit so far. And how did you not know? It says on their main page!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgenius View Post
    Yep I have increased my upload by a fair bit so far. And how did you not know? It says on their main page!
    I set my bookmarks to go directly to the "Browse" page for any tracker sites sites I have. The "News" doesn't interest me. Surely there are others who do this as well.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tX View Post
    There was FL at christmas last year, and then there was that last one, might have been one in between, don't remember...
    xmas? no i don't think so. the userbase didn't meet the requirements. (up a certain number of torrents)

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgenius View Post
    I set my bookmarks to go directly to the "Browse" page for any tracker sites sites I have. The "News" doesn't interest me. Surely there are others who do this as well.
    i do that too.
    Last edited by TheGood; 11-02-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I've been there about 8 months or so, and they've had 2 free leeches. One for Flac, and one for MP3. Aside from that, several times they've done a free for the first 6 hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast