Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: biohost.info seedbox

I like the unlimited active torrents, but the HD space is stopping me from trying them. Speeds would have to really kick some ass to warrant such a small space...

Please do post some speeds/screenshots etc for us

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    mmikz0's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo81 View Post
    I like the unlimited active torrents, but the HD space is stopping me from trying them. Speeds would have to really kick some ass to warrant such a small space...

Please do post some speeds/screenshots etc for us

Same here.. Price is cheap, but 10gb HDD is worth for nothing..
    aim: cmmaster3

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BethCooper's Avatar cute as can be BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Even a gigabit server is not enough when they push in over 40 users per server, speeds will be poor :/
    I've had one for a month now, I managed to use 2Tb the first two weeks, with good speeds and were very satisfied, but after that it has been crap, 45 users on the server last I checked.. have used 400Gb the last two weeks..
    Last edited by AnesZverotic; 12-04-2008 at 10:25 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    45 users with unlimited torrents?? !!?!?!?!?? What server is that? Dec core 64GB ram and HDD's at 200000 RPS and 100mb buffer?
    Cause if it is i must admit they are doing great job
    Hdd must be burning.
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    canopus's Avatar Poster
    this box is total shiiiiiit,i try their seedbox from my curiosity and is very poor with connecting,with supporting and with all

NEVER MORE
    Last edited by canopus; 12-04-2008 at 11:21 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    i'm new to this whole seed box thing so i figured i'd start out with a cheap one. i had trouble connecting to biohost but i guess it was during peak hours so servers were busy and all. i was told by one of the live support guys that they're adding more servers wednesday, so speeds should be better

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Hello, I'm Mike one of the owners of Biohost and I came across this thread. I know right now our current servers are experiencing some problems and we do have some upgrades coming this week but in no way do our servers have 40+ people on them heh. We would never oversell like that because hell thats just crazy.

We understand how some of you like having alot more hard drive space and we are working on custom plans with limited torrents, the way we have it working now is with less hard drive space we can offer you unlimited active torrents as long as our modified version of torrentflux b4rt. In the next week or so we plan to bring larger packages for around the same price as we have now but with the limited torrents (We will be more then fair on these).

At the moment we have even stopped processing orders because we are awaiting three new servers and we do not oversell nor do we ever want to go that route. Some of you may ask why don't we use keyweb, well because we know there planning on taking down quite a few servers and are aware of people using them for torrents and there is no point in getting a server for a month before a take down.

Quote Originally Posted by canopus View Post
    this box is total shiiiiiit,i try their seedbox from my curiosity and is very poor with connecting,with supporting and with all

NEVER MORE
    Have you opened a support ticket regarding this? I don't seem to recall you ever doing so.

Soon we are also going to be offering pretty cheap dedicated seedboxes and utorrent accounts. Thank you to anyone who's used biohost and has enjoyed our service as we try our best to be an amazing host.

If anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask them here or open a support ticket at the site or feel free to contact us via one of our live messenger supports that are also listed on our main site.

Thank you everyone for your custom criticism. Maybe we'll have some free weekly trials for the users of FST to try out once we get a better system going

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Hey guys, regarding your comments, I got the black box plan, and 20gb of space is more than enough, almost enough for 4 full games. Anyway I originally moved to Biohost because of Seedm8, they didnt even work with public trackers and would not connect to download or seed. As with Biohost I have had no problems whatso ever and speeds reaching 3 megabytes/s not megabits(8 bits in a byte) Their service is great while I could use it until my paypal got limited because somone sent a fruadulent ammount of 1400$ to my account and charged it back. Mike here is exellent at technical support, and when I needed a custom hosting plan he improvised for me, great guy tbh. Please do not complain about any companies services or make assumptions unless you have personal experience with that company. Also if you are having a problem with the service always contact the support before you whine about it on the forum it will be resolved faster that way.

Regards,
    klingon

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    When i see unlimited torrents my mind goes to overload , and when i hear about public trackers i can only imagine other ppl on the same server complaining about their speeds. Sorry Klingon but from what i can see black box is too expensive and cardboard box too small. But also how can they make profit with such small plans when a dedicated server @ 1Gbps costs at least 130 Euros?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    When i see unlimited torrents my mind goes to overload , and when i hear about public trackers i can only imagine other ppl on the same server complaining about their speeds. Sorry Klingon but from what i can see black box is too expensive and cardboard box too small. But also how can they make profit with such small plans when a dedicated server @ 1Gbps costs at least 130 Euros?
    I fail to see your point here as I said if you contact Mike he will seup a custom solution just for you, and as for them makinging money sure they are, and if by that do you mean are they legitimate, yes they are I loved the service do you want proof?
    I had no issues with speeds at all they were as fast as greese lightning. I think you are misunderstanding the public tracker thing that was an issue with another host.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast