Thread: Is the "WiKi" best encoder around?

anjelik's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Yes,I am member at almost all HD trackers,including HDChina.org(homeland of WiKi releases) and I've downloaded and watched several encodes,and I have to say that WiKi releases are interestingly stunning.I've always though that ESiR is best for 720p,but I changed my mind.WiKi is doing suberb job on 720p releases.

Look at those(although they are at different frame,but a little tell the difference)

CtrlHD

WiKi

Okay,this example cant be a evidence of difference,but as I downloaded some movies from both encodes,I have to say that I will go with WiKi.
    Last edited by anjelik; 11-03-2008 at 11:29 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Thanks for your opinion, it'd be cool if you could give more examples with the exact same frame.

Personally I enjoy ESiR the best.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I've tried to find but I could not.Yea,ESiR was my best too,but I think WiKi has more saturated colors which I prefer.Anyway,I only download ESiR&WiKi nowaday until the new better encoder group emerges.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    saimer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    well your 1st pic is from CtrlHD not ESiR, so how can you tell the difference between ESiR and WiKi?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I also agree that ESiR do an amazing job and I enjoy all of their releases... But, I also agree with internal above, that we should compare identical frames in order to come to a conclusion. Maybe some other movies that you can get some screenshots to compare?
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Thank you for this. I need to start grabbing more of Wiki's releases and see their quality in motion.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by saimer View Post
    well your 1st pic is from CtrlHD not ESiR, so how can you tell the difference between ESiR and WiKi?
    I mentioned, it is from CtrlHD honey.We are comparing CtrlHD and WiKi.Actually I cant see so much difference between ESiR and WiKi except the color saturation,but I have to say that CtrlHD really sucks

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    saimer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    hmmm, interesting ... I once saw a dup encode on same movie from ESiR and CtrlHD. ESiR also added the comparison screenshots vs CtrlHD. I was wondering, now I believe they indeed had the point.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +1
    ESiR and CtrlHD are better than Wiki. The Matrix Trilogy 1080p release was worse than the hv release that was like 12GB smaller.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I believe that VirtualDub Mod has MKV support and you can use that to find the exact frame on each encode to compare them.