Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Most hardcore traders are from Egypt and India?

BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i usually just dont invite people from those countries. i never would have said that if this thread didnt exist because i dont wanna seem like a dick but imo it's just too risky. i have invited people from the UK, USA(most), australia, poland(hi kyrcer), and a few other places including 1 guy from egypt that i invited to bmtv and within a week of inviting him he was banned for cheating. again it may sound like a dick thing to say but most of the longer term members here at fst that are from the UK, USA and other english speaking countries tend to be my best invitees with the exception of 1(hi again kyrcer ).

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Right .. but you do have to realise the fact that many ppl in these places that being talked abt would not have the sufficient resources to rent a seedbox to upload like u did citing the low upload speed as reason .. I too use a seedbox as a simple 256 Kbps connection here costs as much as a seedbox(not through the retarded resellers) ..
    I am not saying that in such circumstances people should trade and ratio cheat but it helps if u have a background knowledge regarding the circumstances that lead to such events .. Its not in their culture to do so.. They are merely trying to use watever resources they can get their hands on to move forward .. do you think they just wud stop downloading just cuz they cant manage a ratio .. They have to get the files and they will by using watever means accessible to them .. Bty this excludes people who like to trade for the rush for it and make it a interweb hobby .. Thats just plain pathetic
    Your last point first, there are many here that trade for years it is their pathetic little interweb hobby. There is absolutely zero reason for ratio cheating, not 'whatever resources they can get their hands on to move forward' or any other justification.My first post in this thread was actually to defend against racial slur and bias because most of the people here do not have any knowledge of actual ratios on trackers. I also expressed that my country has a lower internet connection speed on average than many of these countries where people say that they 'have to cheat' because of poor internet speeds. I could maintain a very good ratio before I used a seedbox, and I have maintained a very good ratio on trackers that I have joined since I stopped renting a seedbox, so I feel quite safe in 'preaching eternal seeding'. There are so many ends justifies the means arguments that are used here all the time, I don't believe any of them, so saying that I need to look into background of such events is indefensible to me.
    Cheating is cheating pure and simple, it is part of the same culture of ripoffs scams and invite selling that is so prevalent here. I am not going to lump one particular country or social or cultural group together. I really truly do not care what the circumstances are, I intensely dislike the whole ends justifies the means shallow little games that are played.
    Artemis did u really gather from my post that i was trying to justify Ratio cheating ? I was merely trying to explain the rational behind such incidents so as not to point it to a culture of a race ..
    In Brief : They do it for watever reasons but to blame a culture is just not appropiate .. I gave the low speed examples just to delve into the causes so as not to blame the entire the culture ..

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    I doubt it has anything to do with country. Imo (emphasis on MY opinion), it has more to do with language. Not sure if it can be supported with data, facts, and figures but imo (again, emphasis on MY opinion) those who can read and write English, no matter from which country (be that India, China, Egypt, America, Brazil or wheresoever) are very less likely to cheat in torrent communities. For one thing, they are into the English content that given torrent community in question provides them. Hence their care level for that particular site is pretty high.Second, they can read/write and hence communicate with other members of the community. And those who do communicate are far more likely to realize (not just know but realize) how wrong cheating is.

On the other hand, those who can't read or write English properly, are very less likely to be interested in English content the torrent site in question provides. Hence, their care level for that particular site is pretty low. They have those tracker just for fun and getting banned for cheating/trading isn't going to make any difference for them.Furthermore, as they can't read/write very well, they are less likely to communicate and might just not realize how wrong cheating is.

To me that makes sense coz many who are caught cheating/trading (from my observation) do not have good English. Notice i did not say the other way around - i did not say all people w/ bad English cheat.

As for cheating for slow speed, take Australia (or New Zealand like Artemis said), they don't have the best connection either. But you don't see them cheating, not in significant number at least. Notice that people from Australia and New Zealand and fairly read/write English as well.

Just the other way around goes in FPS games. People who speak most English sh!t are likely to cheat during gameplay.

eiditZ: Now i feel like it has all to do with care level for particular torrent site in concern. Language, i assume, is just one of many factors that affects care level.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 11-06-2008 at 12:46 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    it is nice to see you posting again for real, Squirrel
    and in AU, not only slow speed is the problem, they also limit your download quota per month..and if you want unlimited one. you wont get it for AUD50 or 60.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    What a hottest thread,thanks guys for your oppinions

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with country. Imo (emphasis on MY opinion), it has more to do with language. Not sure if it can be supported with data, facts, and figures but imo (again, emphasis on MY opinion) those who can read and write English, no matter from which country (be that India, China, Egypt, America, Brazil or wheresoever) are very less likely to cheat in torrent communities. For one thing, they are into the English content that given torrent community in question provides them. Hence their care level for that particular site is pretty high.Second, they can read/write and hence communicate with other members of the community. And those who do communicate are far more likely to realize (not just know but realize) how wrong cheating is.

On the other hand, those who can't read or write English properly, are very less likely to be interested in English content the torrent site in question provides. Hence, their care level for that particular site is pretty low. They have those tracker just for fun and getting banned for cheating/trading isn't going to make any difference for them.Furthermore, as they can't read/write very well, they are less likely to communicate and might just not realize how wrong cheating is.

To me that makes sense coz many who are caught cheating/trading (from my observation) do not have good English. Notice i did not say the other way around - i did not say all people w/ bad English cheat.

As for cheating for slow speed, take Australia (or New Zealand like Artemis said), they don't have the best connection either. But you don't see them cheating, not in significant number at least. Notice that people from Australia and New Zealand and fairly read/write English as well.

Just the other way around goes in FPS games. People who speak most English sh!t are likely to cheat during gameplay.

eiditZ: Now i feel like it has all to do with care level for particular torrent site in concern. Language, i assume, is just one of many factors that affects care level.
    Good post. Looks to me thta you are speaking from experience.

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Artemis did u really gather from my post that i was trying to justify Ratio cheating ? I was merely trying to explain the rational behind such incidents so as not to point it to a culture of a race ..
    In Brief : They do it for watever reasons but to blame a culture is just not appropiate .. I gave the low speed examples just to delve into the causes so as not to blame the entire the culture ..
    Apextwin146, your post (to which Artemis and I responded) definitely sounded like you were justifying ratio cheating by people with slow connections, but now you've clarified your point, and I completely agree with you. Many ratio cheaters probably cheat because they can't get or afford high-speed connections and have difficulty keeping up ratio at certain trackers without cheating, and I understand now that you were merely offering this as the likely motivation behind cheating, rather than a justification of cheating. And I agree that individual factors like speed, resources, etc. have far more to do with cheating than cultural factors. To say that cheating is a part of a certain culture is bigoted and ignorant, period.

So now that we've cleared that up, care to retract your earlier attacks? No hard feelings on this end.
    Last edited by DarkLured; 11-06-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: extending the olive branch

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with country. Imo (emphasis on MY opinion), it has more to do with language.
    ofc for ppl that can communicate well it's not a problem of getting what they want or understand what they do not want without all this tempting trading process.. but still, other factors as stereotype national culture also matters.. we're talking about hardcore traders.. in russia i see a lot of things like "i have what, i want waffles" and such.. things like i have blalbalbalba pm me offers are very rare.. ppl just want content and don't give a .. too much about methods, just following the easiest way for them... now about the other cultures.. i think it's a well known fact that if you'll buy smth in arabic country, if you'll not try to talk into lowering the price to merchant, you actually abuse him for not taking enough attention into this trading process.. they just like it.. so if the person is in this kind of culture, there's a good reason for him to have fun of the process of invite trading. not mentioning that if the person, wherever he is, don't share north american / west european precautions about all this anti piracy activities that is going on in this places, it's also one less reason for him of acting carefully, not throwing invites on blind giveaways etc...
    Last edited by kukushka; 11-08-2008 at 02:20 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    i think it's a well known fact that if you'll buy smth in arabic country, if you'll not try to talk into lowering the price to merchant, you actually abuse him for not taking enough attention into this trading process.. they just like it.. so if the person is in this kind of culture, there's a good reason for him to have fun of the process of invite trading.
    i think it has much more to do with ethics and actually giving a fuck about these trackers/communities. if i go to a swap meet(flea market) ill try to talk down prices as well, almost everyone does and it works there. but thats completely different, thats my cash for something that they made(usually) and its their discretion to bargain with buyers or not. also nothing in that scenario is illegal, but what we do on these sites is illegal so security becomes a factor, which changes everything.

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    i think it's a well known fact that if you'll buy smth in arabic country, if you'll not try to talk into lowering the price to merchant, you actually abuse him for not taking enough attention into this trading process.. they just like it.. so if the person is in this kind of culture, there's a good reason for him to have fun of the process of invite trading.
    i think it has much more to do with ethics and actually giving a fuck about these trackers/communities. if i go to a swap meet(flea market) ill try to talk down prices as well, almost everyone does and it works there. but thats completely different, thats my cash for something that they made(usually) and its their discretion to bargain with buyers or not. also nothing in that scenario is illegal, but what we do on these sites is illegal so security becomes a factor, which changes everything.
    if you read my msg til the end, i mentioned "north american / west european precautions about all this anti piracy activities that is going on in this places" that some guys from outside may don't care about at all, not sharing the whole community spirit

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910