Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virgin getting Sky stuff back

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    BSkyB and Virgin Media Sign New Channel Carriage Agreements

Breakthrough for pay satellite and cable customers as carriage of "basic" channels secured until June 2011

Sky and Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED) today announced that, following successful negotiations, they have agreed two new channel carriage deals.

The first agreement will see the return, on 13 November, of Sky's Basic channels – including Sky1, Sky2, Sky3, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Sky Arts 1, Sky Arts 2, Sky Real Lives and Sky Real Lives 2 – to Virgin Media's cable TV service. The second agreement provides for the continued carriage of Virgin Media TV's basic channels – Living, Living 2, Bravo, Bravo 2, Trouble, Challenge and Virgin 1 – as part of Sky's retailed channel line-up on satellite. Both deals will run concurrently until 12 June 2011.

The agreements include fixed annual carriage fees for the channels with both channel suppliers able to secure additional capped payments if their channels meet certain performance-related targets.
    Commenting on the agreements, Virgin Media's CEO, Neil Berkett, said: "We are pleased to bring our carriage negotiations with Sky to a successful close. I believe this agreement represents a fair deal and is the right thing for our customers. We recognise the quality and popularity of Sky's channels and look forward to welcoming them back to Virgin Media's TV service. We are also pleased to secure Sky's continued carriage of the VMTV channels until June 2011."

Jeremy Darroch, Sky's CEO, adds: "This is great news for Sky and Virgin Media customers alike. We want our channels to be enjoyed by as many people as possible so we're delighted to secure their return to the Virgin Media platform."

As part of the agreements, both Sky and Virgin Media have agreed to terminate all High Court proceedings against each other relating to the carriage of their respective basic channels.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    win.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #3
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Nice one. That means you get Lost back.

I'm sure you're relieved to hear that. I feel relieved for you and I don't even have Virgin.

Lucky sods.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    win.
    Saying that, I usually just watch telly stuff off the internets, like.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    It's still win but.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    oh certainly, most win to the max.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I'm all winned up.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I might be getting rid of my virgin tellybox soon, like.
    A mate of mine wurks at sky and said he'd see if he could get me a sky hd box on the cheap, like

I only ewse the virgin one in here cause it comes free with the internets and phone and means I don't have to pay to have sky multiroom.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    It's win either way for you.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I do quite fancy the sky hd bawx like, I prefer the sky tellyguide and responsiveness and stuff.

Plus the pixelation on my tellybox with standard definition stuff can look fookin awful.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast