Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the best HDTV tracker

Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post

Wrong! .rar's are not allowed on HDBits (which is great, I hate rars). Scene stuff is unrared and uploaded as .mkv's.
    exactly. i hate rars too
    everyone has their preference. i actually want rarred torrents. thanks for letting me know. good thing i saved time by asking, now i dont need to search for a hdbits.org invite anymore.
    Last edited by csonbot; 11-09-2008 at 12:52 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by csonbot View Post
    exactly. i hate rars too
    everyone has their preference. i actually want rarred torrents. thanks for letting me know. good thing i saved time by asking, now i dont need to search for a hdbits.org invite anymore.
    I'm not picking fault with your preference, but I am genuinely interested to know, why on earth would you prefer .rars over .mkv files?

In fact, why would anyone ever prefer .rars over the full files is a mystery to me. .rars are only used because the scene use ftp and if a transfer fails, only the individual .rar file that's corrupted needs to be resent.

.rars make absolutely no sense in torrenting - they never have.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 11-09-2008 at 01:04 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post

I'm not picking fault with your preference, but I am genuinely interested to know, why on earth would you prefer .rars over .mkv files?

In fact, why would anyone ever prefer .rars over the full files is a mystery to me. .rars are only used because the scene use ftp and if a transfer fails, only the individual .rar file that's corrupted needs to be resent.

.rars make absolutely no sense in torrenting - they never have.
    maybe his hdd's formatted in fat32

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Not wanting hdbits because their releases are rarred is probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

There aren't very many arguments for .rar files on torrent trackers. The most common one used is 'follow scene ruelz so i can pre-seed same release on moar trackers!!!', which is not applicable in this scenario, since most people value HDBits for their non-scene content.

The other argument is for 'file corruption'. People argue that in the event of one or more .rars in a release going AWOL or being lost, it would be easier to replace those single rars, over an entire .mkv file. This is also usually a silly argument, since I can't imagine very many scenarios where only one .rar gets lost or corrupted. I also think most of the people making the corruption argument use technology from the 1980s, since they talk about file corruption like it happens every day; I don't recall any unrarred file I've ever downloaded from a tracker being corrupted.

maybe his hdd's formatted in fat32
    I guess he'll have fun staring at his rarred scene releases without ever being able to extract them, then. A sad reality.
    Last edited by integral; 11-09-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Even if a movie file is corrupted, all it takes to fix the corruption is to reload the .torrent file in to your client and do a Force Check against the corrupted file. The torrent client will then download any parts of the file that are corrupted, fixing the broken file.

I doubt very few people who are regular users of HD will be formatting their drives as FAT32 - it makes no sense to do that.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 11-09-2008 at 03:25 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    seriously who cares?? like i said people have their preferences.

@Unstable1
    -that's a really good point, but i transfer files over to my old hdds a lot so it's not really practical to load up my client to just check if it's corrupt when i could just load up a sfv checking program to see if it's fine.
    -also, if you transfer files a lot among your hard drives, you wouldnt suspect an iso - for example - to be corrupt from a bad sector in the middle or something although you can still load it up, but when you play the game, it'll freeze or crap out at the same point everytime. that's just an example.

@integral
    -you can watch movies without unrarring them
    - i'm an atheist, but let me guess you're one also. you are also probably the type to go more than out of your way to tell christians they're "wrong" and they're stupid because they have a different belief system.
    -also, i'm obviously not a member of hdbits so how would i know theyre known for their non-scene content.
    -yes i do use older technology. why waste a working ide drive?
    -maybe one day your mind will mature and realize that people are different. you can accept that or continue to let your own anger consume you.

thanks for the info fellas
    Last edited by csonbot; 11-09-2008 at 05:08 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Not wanting hdbits because their releases are rarred is probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaRin0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    haha yeah that got me re-reading abit.

seriously who cares?? like i said people have their preferences.

@Unstable1
    -that's a really good point, but i transfer files over to my old hdds a lot so it's not really practical to load up my client to just check if it's corrupt when i could just load up a sfv checking program to see if it's fine.
    -also, if you transfer files a lot among your hard drives, you wouldnt suspect an iso - for example - to be corrupt from a bad sector in the middle or something although you can still load it up, but when you play the game, it'll freeze or crap out at the same point everytime. that's just an example.

@integral
    -you can watch movies without unrarring them
    - i'm an atheist, but let me guess you're one also. you are also probably the type to go more than out of your way to tell christians they're "wrong" and they're stupid because they have a different belief system.
    -also, i'm obviously not a member of hdbits so how would i know theyre known for their non-scene content.
    -yes i do use older technology. why waste a working ide drive?
    -maybe one day your mind will mature and realize that people are different. you can accept that or continue to let your own anger consume you.

thanks for the info fellas
    don't take this the wrong way, but if you're going to go into HD content, firstly, your CPU can't possibly be older than a dualcore, cus then it won't be able to playback HD properly. In fact, 1080p would probably bring some of the earlier dualcores to their knees.

2ndly, filesizes for HD content are so huge that I'm fairly certain your old ide drive won't be able to hold much of it. So if you're preaching old tech vs new, the why waste it philosophy, well your usage demands better tech; it's not like you're just using word, you're playing HD man!

and lastly, I've never downloaded a corrupted file that wasn't already corrupted in the first place. It's just silly to be assuming that files you download "might" be corrupted because ~100% of the time, they won't be.
    Last edited by athenaesword; 11-15-2008 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Besides HDBits.org do any other sites have HD Movie Captures (not encodes)? I know bit-hdtv doesn't.

And if so which ones?

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    The "best" is just a matter of opinion. But the four trackers that have been mentioned are the top ones. But in my opinion if you have Bit-HDTV and HDBits then you'll have everything covered.

ya dont need bit-hdtv if you have hdbits.org

i have both and i dont ever use bit-hdtv why would i
    I retract my earlier response to this post and support those who have said "for Eureka encodes". You should check Eureka out from BitHDTV, picture quality is the best I've seen yet for 1080P encodes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast