Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Get Rid Of This

hmm i cant seem to find that file.........

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    it could be under a different file name

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by Marius24@7 September 2003 - 17:54
    go to C:/Windows and a html file is in there under the name wbservice host or something simmilar (if it isnt in your windows folder try System or sytem32 folder) and just delete the file and ur browser is fixed B)
    are u thalking about hosts file? or this directory?
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Browser Hijack Blaster

Browser Hijack Blaster protects your system from browser hijackers and spyware that alters your Internet Explorer settings.

Running silently in the background, Browser Hijack Blaster only springs into action when an attempt is made. It watches and protects the following items:
    IE Homepage, IE Default Page, IE Search Page, BHOs

Whenver one of the above items is changed, or a BHO is added, you are immediately provided with information on the item, along with the option to keep the change, or revert to your previous settings.

Browser Hijack Blaster also can detect changes between the times it is run. If a spyware application tries to install its BHO at boot-up, and change settings at boot-up, before Browser Hijack Blaster is activated, you will be notified and (like the situation above) given the option to keep the change or to revert to your previous settings.

Browser Hijack Blaster also has a database of values common to spyware programs. If, for example, your homepage is changed to lop.com (a known hijacker) you will not only be notified, but a special notice will be displayed that you probably have Lop.com on your system (and that you should run an anti-spyware program such as Ad-Aware or Spybot S & D).

Download Browser Hijack Blaster from HERE (Installer is approx. 394 kb.)
    Compatible with Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, XP.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/bhblaster.html

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Or go to my site and look on Freeware Rocks for a soft called HijackThis ,here the description.

A general homepage hijackers detector and remover.The program can create a backup of your original settings and also ignore selected items. Additional features include a simple list of all startup items, default start page, online updates and more. Intended for advanced users.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    that stops things happening, no good, as the problem is allready there can anyone else help???

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    igetnet

Sets the MSN and Netscape search engines to ignkeywords.com and rspsearch.com, also uses searchresult.net, apps.webservicehost.com (qcksearch.com)

Installed files (you probably won't have all of them): bho.dll, rsp.dll, winstart.exe, bho001.dll, rsp001.dll, winstart001.exe, install_all.dll, update_hosts.dll, update_com.dll, update_bho.dll, update_rsp.dll, update_remove.dll, rules.dat. Rename.

Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run

Delete references to: winstart, winstart002, winstart001.exe

Delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Ie Rsp

Open the hidden HOSTS file using Notepad. Remove entries referring to auto.search.msn.com, search.netscape.com, ieautosearch

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    ill try that now, thanks very much for the info

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    i dont have any of those registry keys........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast