Thread: Getting A Little Wifi

Ok, I have dial-up where I live, and we can't get any kind of high-speed connection(cable,dsl,Adsl, ect.)..Probably could get satellite, but that's not as efficiant and costs like 100 bucks a month. So my question it, if I get a wifi card for my comp, and just happen to drive past a house where somone with a wifi network and pick it up. Will I be charged, or will I be sharing his connection. I have aol, and if I select another connection to sign on with, It charges me. So I'm guessing I could IE, but will it cost anything?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    no... it wouldnt cost you a thing.. but not all wireless networks are accesible. find out if there are any &#39;hotspots&#39; in your city or town that offer free wireless internet.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    If broadband is unavailable in your area, where are you planning to tap into a wireless broadband network?
    Hopefully, if they&#39;ve got a wireless network, they&#39;ve either got a domain, or mac filtering, or other security means
    in place to prevent outside access to their LAN.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    almost off topic but have you tweaked the settings yet??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by justin89@8 September 2003 - 01:09
    Will I be charged ... ?
    If you are caught, you will almost certainly be charged - by the police. It is classed as theft (of electricity), people have been jailed for this offence.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Damn that sucks. I got another plan. I&#39;ll bring my laptop to school, and plug it into the T1, and just let KaZaA run all day.