Thread: Some help needed with OVH server!

fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Hi guy's, hopefully some of you guy's might have some suggestions that might help me out.

Basically I packed in my seedbox a few months ago but recently due to some free time I decided to rent one again....

So I see OVH capping the Kimsufi ect... so today I rented a pro server which is guarenteed 100mbs.

I installed everything on my server and ran utorrent through wine but I getting useless upload speeds.

Before I packed in my seedbox in the past I would regularly hit 10mbs up and down but on this I'm only hitting prob 500kbs upload.

First I tried Centos OS and then Fedora 9 but still the same.

Also I don't seem to be connecting to many peers.

It seems something is causing the bad speeds but I don't know what.

I don't want to go with rtorrent ect.. I want to stick with utorrent.

Any suggestions guys ?
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    This is in the wrong place I am sure someone will tell you.

But anyway, if you read at OVH forums, even Pros are got guaranteed 100 at all times. OVH has become a scam company period.

For reference: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9445&postcount=11
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Hi there, your right I should have posted this in the seedbox discussion section, maybe a mod can move it.

Yep I've read their forum, but I've setup a box for a mate not too long ago and the problem was similar, he rarely uploaded at more than 1mbs and that was a Vectoral box. When i was with Vectoral I was upping at 11mbs.

But from doing some googling wine could be a bit buggy.

Just trying to figure out the command to install an earlier version of wine
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    rtorrent ftw! that's all im saying. Anyways why not just try rtorrent out and see what kind of speeds you get? If you get shitty speeds, there's a problem with the box, if you don't there's something wrong with utorrent or wine.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    OVH is becoming crap especially with their new sneaky SLA agreement or lack of agreement because it is not that clear from reading their website. You don't realize you can get capped permanently to 10 or 20mb until it's too late!