hi. due to ovh capping i'm thinking about trying hosting-ie but i have a few questions before i buy due to the high setup fee. help with any of the questions is very appreciated. btw i'm a noob (hence some of the noob questions).
1. does ' 2x100Mbit' mean i can dl/up at 200mbit or is there another meaning?
2. same as above. is '2x160' 320gb or partitioned or something?
3. which is better for torrenting, Intel P4 3.0 GHz or Core2 Duo 2x2,0?
4. what is the expected setup time for a dedicated server? i've read people complaining about it taking months to setup?
5. when choosing an OS, they give me the option of Linux Debian 3.1 FREE or Debian Latest FREE. is 'Debian Latest FREE' Debian 4.0?
6. if i decide to upgrade to a gbit server in the future will they charge another setup fee or just the difference?
server i'm interested in, running Debian..
Dedicated Rabtor Pro Lin 577-1
Intel P4 3.0 GHz or Core2 Duo 2x2,0
2x160 GB of HDD disk (Raid optional)
2 GB of RAM
2x100Mbit Switch Port
KVN (Obtional) NEW
PLESK 8 (obtional)
Remote Reset Obtion
89 € Setup Fee
55 € Per Month
thanks for any help