ass whippin'

States of note that Obama won:

Virginia
    Indiana
    Florida
    Ohio
    North Carolina
    Pennsylvania

McCain basically won the entire midwest and "the south" (besides Florida).
    ---------------------------------------

I was lucky when I voted. I went in the morning and saw the line was long as hell so I went on to work. I went later around 3pm and walked straight up to the voting booth (after ID check). No line whatsoever.

Basically Obama galvanized people from all walks of life and people that don't normally vote.

I do hope that people hold Obama to some high standards and not give him a pass. Be skeptical and critical, folks. He's our President and not a celebrity.

Don't you find it just a bit queer that you had to mention that Obama is not a celebrity?

Just a thought.
    No. He actually is since the media made him so.

However at the same time, I want people to hold him accountable like any other President. When get all wide-eyed as they are in love or some shit, the person they are wide-eyed for can do no wrong.

Mind you he has been handed a lot of shit on his plate but if he fucks up royally, I don't want people coming in here giving outlandish excuses.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post

Don't you find it just a bit queer that you had to mention that Obama is not a celebrity?

Just a thought.

However at the same time, I want people to hold him accountable like any other President. When get all wide-eyed as they are in love or some shit, the person they are wide-eyed for can do no wrong.

Mind you he has been handed a lot of shit on his plate but if he fucks up royally, I don't want people coming in here giving outlandish excuses.
    Mind, your definition of "fucking-up royally" is historically pretty narrow when it comes to democrats.

In any case why should you care who offers up whichever excuse for him?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

Just a thought.

So Obama is a celebrity. What was it? His gettin' down on the Ellen Degeneres show? Or was it the Greek columns with the audio saturated with reverb to make him sound SO BIG and COMMANDING?

And tell my why we wouldn't hold him accountable like any other POTUS.

Do you know something I don't know about Pres.Elect.Obama?

Is it because hes a Black Man, Busyman? Is that what it is? Let's cut the bullshit here.

He could be 2ft tall and green for all I give a shit...it's his thought patterns and his choice of words and his policy outlook that I'm concerned with.....

Then again I'm a Conservative so anything I say is racist anyways.

You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Here's what Busy knows...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yeah lets start the name calling aint that right guns
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bornwithnoname View Post
    Welcome to the Abomination I mean Obamanation.
    What's the Abomination? I can't wait for you to tell me because I am extremely curious as to your point of view.

Is Obama an Abomination?

I'll grant you the clever play on words..if it be clever at all.

I'm curious tho.....what or which part is the Abomination?
    O'bama is not an abomination. He is a man with some extremely different political views than mine. He is well educated and well spoken and had he been more conservative I might have voted for him. But as it is now I think he will take the country places I don't it to go..

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Yeah, "conservatism"- at least as practiced by Republicans- has worked out sooo well, hasn't it?
    Last edited by clocker; 11-11-2008 at 02:57 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Here's what Busy knows...
    What you said.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, "conservatism"- at least a practiced by Republicans- has worked out sooo well, hasn't it?

Let's not confuse G.W. with conservatives or Republicans. He should be tried for crimes against humanity.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bornwithnoname View Post
    Yeah, "conservatism"- at least a practiced by Republicans- has worked out sooo well, hasn't it?

Let's not confuse G.W. with conservatives or Republicans. He should be tried for crimes against humanity.
    Let's not confuse- or more accurately, forget- that conservatives AND Republicans put Bush in office and then reelected him in 2004.
    Let's not forget that conservatives AND Republicans tried to foist off Bush-lite- i.e., John McCain- again in 2008.

How about conservatives and Republicans man up and take some responsibility for the state of the Union?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast