Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Barack Hussein Obama - 44th US President

惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by bornwithnoname View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Yeah, "conservatism"- at least a practiced by Republicans- has worked out sooo well, hasn't it?

Let's not confuse G.W. with conservatives or Republicans. He should be tried for crimes against humanity.
    GW is both a conservative and a republican, unpopularity or failure in office doesn't disqualify him from the label.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I'm a Republican and I can't say I completely hate Obama, I almost voted for him. I think it's an amazing time to be alive. What I do not like is the Electoral vote and popular vote discrepancies.

Final EV total: 349-160; Popular vote: 52%-47%

Now I am not saying Obama didn't win, but the numbers seem way off here. What I do think happened is the Democratic party representatives did not represent their constituents correctly the PV was pretty close unlike the landslide victory in the EV. I think that because the Dem's control the majority of the house they pretty much bullied their way in. This is not true democracy at work. The original idea of electoral votes as I'm sure you all know was done because the majority of people were uneducated and trusted their elected officials to do the right thing for them, which was OK at the time. Times have changed and I think they should put the power back directly into the peoples hands.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You are aware that GWB won both elections with even thinner percentages of the popular vote (in fact, he lost the popular vote in 2000)?
    I assume you've been upset about that for the past eight years, right?

BTW, your explanation behind the theory of the Electoral College is bizarre to say the least.
    Might want to wiki it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I'm a Republican and I can't say I completely hate Obama, I almost voted for him. I think it's an amazing time to be alive. What I do not like is the Electoral vote and popular vote discrepancies.

Final EV total: 349-160; Popular vote: 52%-47%

Now I am not saying Obama didn't win, but the numbers seem way off here. What I do think happened is the Democratic party representatives did not represent their constituents correctly the PV was pretty close unlike the landslide victory in the EV. I think that because the Dem's control the majority of the house they pretty much bullied their way in. This is not true democracy at work. The original idea of electoral votes as I'm sure you all know was done because the majority of people were uneducated and trusted their elected officials to do the right thing for them, which was OK at the time. Times have changed and I think they should put the power back directly into the peoples hands.
    You are wrong, the electoral college started because in those times we didn't have television, internet, cars or any way to know everything in less than two minutes, so a few electoral votes and carrying them to a main place by horse was the only way.
    I agree with you, the electoral college should be abolished, then again, Bush would never have been president and Mccain either.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    You are aware that GWB won both elections with even thinner percentages of the popular vote (in fact, he lost the popular vote in 2000)?
    I assume you've been upset about that for the past eight years, right?

BTW, your explanation behind the theory of the Electoral College is bizarre to say the least.
    Might want to wiki it.
    Bush never won any election, the supreme court elected him and eight years later the country is bankrupt. nice very nice

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post

Let's not confuse G.W. with conservatives or Republicans. He should be tried for crimes against humanity.
    GW is both a conservative and a republican, unpopularity or failure in office doesn't disqualify him from the label.
    Bush doesn't know what he is, he is just a retard...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post

What's the Abomination? I can't wait for you to tell me because I am extremely curious as to your point of view.

Is Obama an Abomination?

I'll grant you the clever play on words..if it be clever at all.

I'm curious tho.....what or which part is the Abomination?
    O'bama is not an abomination. He is a man with some extremely different political views than mine. He is well educated and well spoken and had he been more conservative I might have voted for him. But as it is now I think he will take the country places I don't it to go..
    You mean, Obama is going to take the country out of bankrupcy right where Bush brought it?
    The way I see it, republicans the so called pro family, anti big goberment, well, well the country has never been seeing a biger goberment, and the republican family values of anti gay and anti corruption and the majority of republicans are gay and corrupt, thank god I am not a republican I would be ashame at this very moment.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    "The majority of Republicans are gay and corrupt"?

Where do you get this shit?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Alright the electoral college thing I read somewhere i guess it's a point of view. I am not the biggest fan of Bush( I did vote for him twice) but C'mon now he is not to blame for everything that every went wrong in the country during his term. The economy is in NO WAY his fault. This is the fault of greedy lenders and corporate greed in general. People always call him dumb but they said the same of Reagan and now we realize that his "Reaganomics" actually worked and in conjunction of the DotCom boom made Clinton seem to the ignorant like he was the best pres ever because times were good. Clinton did nothing for us. He was a great public speaker surely, but so are used car salesmen. He stepped in shit and rode the wave like everyone else. I feel bad for Obama as the nation will be fucked for prob another 5-10 years but it's no ones fault just the rise and fall of our economy. I saw a financial analyst on TV the other day who made some sense. He showed that even though we are all in a panic and the the market is falling ATM we are still way above where we were before the dotcom boom and people just need to stop panicing. I think he had a good point but I myself lost around $30K from my pension so it's scary but what exactly do you think Obama is going to do about this? Print more money? So we can be like the Chinese where a pack of gum costs $200,000

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    "The majority of Republicans are gay and corrupt"?

Where do you get this shit?
    Just reading the news, one was arrested in a public bathroom in a airport, another one was sending sexual emails to male interns, and many more I just don't write those down.
    So many were accused of taking money for favors, the last one, the one from Alaska. Google it, you will find out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast