Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board Ads

Hello,

I just wanted to say that the clicks vs views are very good today. It's great to see that some people do care about the boards and support us by clicking here and there to the ads

The last days were not that good but it seems like people do understand now that it does help to click here and there to support us.

If the stats stay that great I will talk to VB and maybe we can do some sort of board contest every month were you can win something - maybe not a computer but still a little thank you like a game, a domain name or something like that

Anyway thanks for your great support today

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    I havent clicked much since I wasn't sure if you got money from it. I thought it might have come with the package of the new host.

So I'm guessing if I just clicked on it continuously, waiting for the page to partly load each time, you'd get some cash. Maybe you could have a little "Support the board" notice somewhere around it so we know that it'll actually help the board.

Or am I just being a dumbass? *click*

Oh, and the competition thing sounds great.

Edit: My bad, just noticed the alt. (I think, I'm on Opera)

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    if it helps the board i can click the ads as much as you'd like

a little question though, do i need to wait for the page to fully load, or just partly
    due to 56k limitations, it'd take a lot longer to load each page

also, does it help to change ip every time i click? or after i've clicked 10 times or whatever?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Darker, if clicking adds to the members post counts you would be overloaded with clicks&#33;... Just an idea....

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Hiya,

here some infos: If you click over and over it would be bad since it would count as fake clicks

We do not make money with the banners at all - the deal is that we use banner exchanegs to earn credits instead to buy advertising.

Now the details: Exchanges have ratios - for example: If we display 4 banners we get 3 credits IF one click is made every 200 pages.

If there is one click every 500 for example the ratio changes to 2:1 which is not that good cause we get for 2 banners 1 credit

IPs doesnt matter since views vs clicks count so if you click over and over you waste your time and it would be cheating.

Now if you want to support the boards the best thing is: Click if you think you like the banner ad (interested in the ad)

One click for every 200 pages you view would be more than great - and no you don&#39;t have to limit yourself by waiting until ads load - that would be wasting time

I don&#39;t care much if people click or not since I don&#39;t make any money - we just get credits that we normally buy so its a save cash effect for us but if we see that the clicks result in a great ratio like 200 : 1 then we could even run some cool contests like get a game a domain or whatever but I will talk to VB abou this soon to see if he likes that

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Poster
    Wot Adds? I Dont See Any&#33;

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    Check the top right of the board (next to the logo)

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Originally posted by Kunal@7 September 2003 - 19:42
    on the right hand side of the banner at the top of the page

edit: too late
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Kunal@7 September 2003 - 19:42

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    i dont see it cos of zone alarm
    but i will disable and click once in a while
    just as long tas theres no pop ups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast