Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Against The Tcpa

Poster
    ---Boycott the TCPA!----

TCPA stands for the Trusted Computing Platform Alliance, an initiative led by Intel. Their stated goal is `a new computing platform for the next century that will provide for improved trust in the PC platform.' Palladium is software that Microsoft says it plans to incorporate in future versions of Windows; it will build on the TCPA hardware, and will add some extra features.

TCPA / Palladium will make it much harder for you to run unlicensed software. Pirate software can be detected and deleted remotely. It will also make it easier for people to rent software rather than buying it; and if you stop paying the rent, then NOT ONLY DOES THE SOFTWARE STOP WORKING BUT SO MAY THE FILES IT CREATED. For years, Bill Gates has dreamed of finding a way to make the Chinese pay for software: Palladium could be the answer to his prayer. THE TCPA IS A FAR MORE DIRE THREAT TO FILESHARING THAN THE RIAA AND MPAA COMBINED!

What YOU can do:

--> Visit www.againsttcpa.com

--> Go to My Kazaa (or My Kazaa Lite K++, depending on your version). Select any software you might have and right-click on them. When the context menu pops up, select "Edit Details..." At the More Options Properties dialog box, click on the "More" tab, and in the description box, paste this message in.

--> Go to the search section of Kazaa and click on "Software." Search for a popular app, such as Photoshop, and send this message to the users sharing the app.

--> Share the TCPA text file.

File: TCPA.txt
    Length: 42005 Bytes, 41KB
    UUHash: =NPwKw7cJ8gttgl8ndozbfepb//8=

--> IM other users about this and request that they share this message with others.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Fuck that! I won't worry myself about that type of shit and who says u have to upgrade to a newer version of windows and if it does happen people will find a way to get around it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    This is quite serious if it comes to light, which it probably will.
    It will even suffer shareware if I understand it completely.
    Nice Effort I Imagine.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I guess whoever thought this up had just read 1984. Freaky shit if it actually happened.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    All well, guess i&#39;ll just have to switch to linux.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Broken@8 September 2003 - 07:14
    All well, guess i&#39;ll just have to switch to linux.
    Yes, this will be the simple solution I hope.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    hope so.. but intel etc.. will realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot by doing this cus people will switch over.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    actually we should all switch to OS/2.. best OS out there. i have it on most of my computers.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Muaha...they can&#39;t make me upgrade to that bull&#036;h&#33;t....well, they prolly can, but I won&#39;t

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    B)
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast