Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to vista, wanting to bring Vuze with me

Poster
    I know I know, Vuze= FAIL
    but utorrent was writing to my HD a ton, apparently Vuze is a little less abusive of my drive.

Basically my setup was C: drive as my main system, I added another drive, installed vista on that(V: ) but left vuze on C:

I started the installation that is in my C: drive expecting it to continue to use the same directories.
    it didn't, instead it opened all new ones on my V: drive. Is there any way I can make it use the information contained in C: since that is where it is installed and where all my pref's/queue etc are.

If not is there any way to move my queue and seeding stuff over?

Thanks a ton
    Last edited by JGB; 11-09-2008 at 04:47 AM.
    Dreaming of falling into the EbookVortex.
    Hiding from the Non-fiction books.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    vuze = fail? vuze is working fine for me. it might seem a little bloated, but all you have to do is change the interface to 2.0 versions.

have you tried copying and pasting the torrent files over to the new appdata folder? i dont know if that'll work though. just a guess.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Copy whatever config file vuze uses to the new installation of it. Re-open (or re-download if you cant find them) all your torrents, and point them to the location where they are saved.
    Done and done

BTW I use vista and utorrent, and I notice very little if any 'hard drive thrashing' going on through the resource monitor. Maybe its something you misconfigured in the client or windows...
    Last edited by Tokeman; 11-09-2008 at 05:21 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    At your old OS go to "C:\Documents and Settings\user(your PC's name)\Application Data" find Vuze app data folder and copy it(back up) to new there(probably new there in V(windows))
    You need to do it before format your old OS.
    Last edited by RedRansom; 11-09-2008 at 05:36 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Sorry, I was using XP on my C: drive, not vista.
    I'm upgrading to vista.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    vuze rocks at any given OS.
    just configure its cache options correctly, accordingly to how much ram you have, and you won't even notice it running or accessing disks.

the best BT client around, none matches its huge selection of options and plugins, and functionality .

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    joni22's Avatar Give-Away Or Go-Away BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Vuze is really rocks.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Vuze=fail? Nonsense.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    EDIT: nevermind, found it.
    I wish there was an easier way to migrate instead of doing it all by hand.
    Last edited by JGB; 11-10-2008 at 01:10 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    vuze rocks at any given OS.
    just configure its cache options correctly, accordingly to how much ram you have, and you won't even notice it running or accessing disks.

the best BT client around, none matches its huge selection of options and plugins, and functionality .
    i agree 100%. Everbody i say this to tells me i am on crack and why haven't i switched to utorrent yet. I try to explain there is many more detailed options available and then they tell me its bullshit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast