Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who have e****, waffles or what

what works for me. like skizo said, the organization and layout is just awesome. finding stuff is simply hasslefree. especially with the older artistes with tonnes of albums, the clustering of different quality rips of the same album really makes things so much easier to find. it's just annoying when u're searching for something elsewhere and different qualities of the same album are littered all over the place int he search results.

used to be what and waffles were equivalent, but in recent months, what has taken the lead no doubt. waffles just seems to concentrate on less impt things that a new site should be going into, like articles and such. what focussed on improving the tracker, and that paid off. besides, waffles point system just doesn't do it for me; trackers should try to keep it simple. if you want points, a simple bonus system should be suffice.
    Last edited by athenaesword; 11-11-2008 at 02:28 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    crooked's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ketan View Post
    but i am angry with them because they disabled my acc. without using it.
    Perhaps this was the reason?

I have Waffles and What from the trackers you mention in the Topic.

First I have to say:

I am using What.CD

Why?
    That's simple. I'm usin an old verison of utorrent, because 3 of my main trackers don't support the new versions. Waffles does only allow very few version of any torrent client, that's why i can't leech and upload there.

At What, I can use my prefered version of utorrent, the style is very nice, has lots of content, good overview, nice searching bar.

Recently, I don't leech from What very often, because i don't like FLAC and I archive Scene Music only (Of course with some exceptions).
    But sometimes, I'm uploading my scene torrents there because I really like this tracker..

I don't have E****, so I cannot compare it to others.

(1.softmp3,SCC,FTP)
    2. What
    3. Waffles
    (4. Libble)

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    yea I only use two out of those 3 if u don't like lossless then don't force yourself to like it
    i be lurking

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    alcoholik's Avatar Drinker BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    i love waffles and i like what for the 300 000 torrents they have

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster
    what.cd keeps me happy still i wouldnt say no to e****

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Der0's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Waffles realy is on the top in my personal list.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Pris's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I have waffles.what-cd and stmusic. i use more stmusic that wf and what..never had e****

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    joni22's Avatar Give-Away Or Go-Away BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by slymester View Post
    What is all I have and is all I need

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    what for mainstream indie/metal shit and rapidshare for the very obscure

if either fails there's always soulseek

flac difference is very marginal and it's not like the majority of users have amazing headphone output or speaker systems

esp when stuff like blind cable tests prove sound quality is often indistinguishable (so called "higher quality" cables were tested and participants were asked to identify which were higher quality, no one could recognize the difference)
    Last edited by Brood_Star; 11-11-2008 at 09:04 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I think that all three of them are great trackers. I prefer waffles because of its strong community but I understand why people prefer what.cd more. It has more peers, more torrents and it is a little easier to seed back to. As for e*, it is a tracker I love, with a community you will not find very easily in any other tracker. Great members and absolutely perfect rips. If you are not interested in jazz, classic rock and generally not very modern stuff, then e* is not the place for you. Pedro's is also great with many uploads, equally great quality but I don't find the same warm feeling in there as I do in e*.
    Last edited by aaatoel; 11-11-2008 at 09:07 PM.
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast