Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS search engines & search strings

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I've recently gotten into downloading from rapidshare in a huge way(the content is freakin' unbelievable, and no retention like ng's), so I'm still finding out a lot of things for this method of downloading. And thanks to a thread on this board I have found quite a few excellent rs forums.

So what I'm wanting to know is, are there actual rapidshare search engines(kind of like usenet search engines)that will just search the web for whatever file I'm looking for? Or when people say "rs search engines" they're actually referring to rs forums(like puzo, warezz-bb, etc.)?

Also, I think I remember reading somewhere a person saying you can easily search on Google for rs downloads with a proper rs search string added to either the beginning or ending of whatever file name you're looking for. And I can't remember what that search string is, or even where I read that. I've tried adding an 'rs' or 'rapidshare' at the beginning or end of whatever I'm searching for in google, but really didn't come up with many results.

Thanks for any info. It will be appreciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    warez-bb is a good rs forum as well as is projectw. As for search engines what usually works well for me is the name of the thing I'm looking to find with the word rapidshare at the end.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    The best search engine i've found is http://megadownload.net/ , especially usefull for music that is properly tagged .
    Although, as you're a lover of Lossless , i'm not sure it'll be much help .
    Last edited by Spillage; 11-12-2008 at 01:27 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    No, that's great. I download a lot of mp3's for my girl. And I was usually getting them from newsgroups. And probably 90% of those albums I had to tag properly in Tag&Rename. And yesterday I grabbed her three albums from Warez-BB, and two of those I had to re-tag also. And that just becomes a pain in my ass after a while.

So that's defintely a great find for me. Thank you. Would be great if there was a forum dedicated to flac though.

And thanks for the suggestion ben. Guess I just wasn't searching correctly. I'll try that again.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Sorry Funkin' , i've used the wrong terminology in describing Megadownload.net's strength . I should have said, it's good at finding files with the exact names specified , as opposed to most search engines, which are haphazard in the results they give back .
    A potential problem with downloading rar'd files from search engines is that it can be password protected . Luckily , Megadownload.net indexes the source page, clicking the Search In Web link takes you to there original forum/blog post, just a matter of finding the password .

Can't help with Lossless, 'cos i'm happy @192 .

General warez forums don't really cater for my rather obscure/diverse musical tastes, here's the 2 main music forums i plunder .

http://www.skafunkrastapunk.com - music only, some genres are pretty comprehensively stocked . There's also a Bloggers Lounge , where bloggers index new additions to their blogs , very handy starting point for aural wanderings .

http://forum.funkysouls.com - The best .
    It's a Russian site & takes time to learn how to navigate & refine the excellent search facility & how the forums work . But once conquered, it's a gold mine . Most conversations & links are Russian, but there's plenty of English speakers & alternative links to make this indespensable .

P.S. for FunkySouls:
    Posting in the forums is different from most warez sites . Each Artist / Band / has an individual thread . You search for the appropriate thread & add links / requests / messages to it . Nice & simple .
    The search facility is king, but at first it's easy to get a bit wrong . It's default is to search only in the forum you're currently browsing . For instance, you're at the Neotropic thread, part of the Electronic subforum, you enter a search for the Death Metal band called Rigor Mortis , nothing is returned . However, If you change the search field to the Rock forum, the Rigor Mortis thread is found (sadly) . Alternatively, just search from the main page (this searches all forums) .
    Most Ruskies use ifolder.ru to host their files . It's possible for non-Russians to use it, but it's restricted & there's shed load of hoops to jump through . It's rare not to find an alternatively hosted file, people are generally happy to provide one , if you're polite .
    It may seem like hassle, but the rewards should more than compensate .
    Last edited by Spillage; 11-12-2008 at 05:17 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Creeping Death's Avatar Pedant
    funkysouls looks absolutely brilliant, thanks for the tip!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Wow, thank you once again Spillage. I'm getting a ton of great sites from you. And Megadownload is a great search engine. Really glad you posted that.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    maldini 3's Avatar Go ahead make my day BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    try http://www.shareminer.com is nice too !
    Tu va chez les femmes, n'oublie pas ton FOUET !

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Thank you maldini. The site seems to be down right now, but I'll check it out once it gets up and running again.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    maldini 3's Avatar Go ahead make my day BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Thank you maldini. The site seems to be down right now, but I'll check it out once it gets up and running again.
    Hiya! We are doing some updates at ShareMiner.com. We’ll be back soon with a better search experience, please check back later
    You can use our temporary search page at http://tinyurl.com/58emoa, while we are updating the website..
    so try http://tinyurl.com/58emoa it's work fine

Tu va chez les femmes, n'oublie pas ton FOUET !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast