Thread: What Prog To Rip Dvd's?

I'm using Super DVD Ripper 1.90. but I can't seem to get the ripped size of a movie down to fit on one CD. ie, 700MB. So, maybe there is another ripper that works better than Super DVD Ripper.

Also, what codec do you use? I choose DivX5 only cuz it's the clearest. I get wierd lines in my XviD compression. what's that all about. :/

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Regardless what u do ripping from dvd is not going to fit on one cd unless it's kvcd and a ripped dvd is in .avi format which will need to be encoded.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ok.. so I should first rip to VCD? And then .avi. I was ripping to avi, but like i said, a 2 hour movie comes in around 1350MB.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Go ahead and rip it to .avi or really what ever you want and then you can encode it afterward to make it the smaller size. Hope this helps

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ever Tried Pinnacle Instant Copy v8.0.
    Just Curious...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    try clone dvd

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Regardless what u do ripping from dvd is not going to fit on one cd unless it's kvcd and a ripped dvd is in .avi format which will need to be encoded.
    Gre1: A ripped dvd is in the form of .vob's,.ifo's,ect....

I use smart ripper it works well once you get used to it. Actually, dealing with the aspi was the only trouble I ever had with it, and that was only when I installed it. Using dvd2avi, it is possible to encode a vcd or svcd in only a few steps if your dvd is single layer and has at least one good non-acm stereo track. Old dvds tend to be like this. Anyway use dvd2avi to create a d2v project file and an extracted sound file(not acm). Send these to tempgenc and encode a svcd(mpgeg2) or vcd(mpeg). If all you wanted to do was create a disk to play on your computer and not a standalone dvd player, rip the vobs with whatever programs, merge them, then use the latest "virtualdub mod mpeg2" to load the vob and re-encode with the new divx, just remember to choose a lower bitrate to make it smaller. You will need to choose "full processing mode" in virtualdub mod, btw. I don't know if this helps, good luck.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.