Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transparency Apps

TClite's Avatar Poster
    glass2k doesnt remember which windows are meant to be transparent even with the "remember which windows are transparent" checked after a restart, plus it has the most annoying splash screen on startup..so its out, and real transparent windows was just as bad, started up fine and remembered what was supposed to be transparent..but got itself confused and started making things transparent at random, anybody whp knows the strain transparency causes (gdi and suchlike) will know this isnt good...so i need an app that will make things work

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    ive surfed for 3 hours nearly now, and the apps about for this purpose are completely garbage at best, one makes you think its working then it goes completely off the rails and the other spams you with splash screens, i tried reshack to get rid of the screen to little joy, ive fished around regedit too....arrggghhh, all i want is a cool side menu (on auto hide) thats transparent..thats it! lol

like this

its working but with all the problems its not really worth the hassle

oops, double post...im knackered

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    look for a program called XTeq setup. It's an ultimate tweaker.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    sounds promising....looking now

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    cheers, its installed looks powerful, where are the transparency options, im completely knackered ive just been up about 24 hours so forgive me if im dancing around the obvious

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    You'll have to go through all the GUI's in your installation. I'm on win2k and using an older build so I can't give you the specifics. There are some scary possibilities with that program though.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    yeah i see what you mean, plug in for everything, i dont see anything for transparency...but itll still come in handy no doubt

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    You didn't mention TweakXP. I believe it also has transparency settings. You should be able to get that one from fosi I think.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    balamm....this xteq proggie, its very powerful, but im disappointed..i cant seem to find "take over the world.cfg" if you have this plug-in please pass it on, lol, it is from what my tired self can decipher a good looking program, i seen at least 5 options that could lead to a fire lol, what with all this cpu cache adjuster, some poor noobs going to over cache and overclock his cpu with this and burn his house down, that being said, i havetweak xp too...ill look for that option

tweakguide is great too, has a nice option to load explorer.exe as a seperate process, so if it crashes dlls and other files dont get offloaded, theres also an option to unload dlls as your shutting down...check that out if you havent already

http://www.winguides.com/tweak/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast