Thread: New Watchmen Trailer

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If I was literate I would am literally counting the days.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/watc...ml?showVideo=1

2. Lounge   -   #2
    i want to see that in 1080p

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/

3. Lounge   -   #3
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    I watched trailer at the cinema when I went to see Traitor few days ago

4. Lounge   -   #4
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    The trailer's been out for a couple of months now.

I'll watch the movie but I'm certain that it'll annoy the fuck right out of me. Watchmen is unfilmable. What makes it so unique is not the structural similarities with the process of film making, but the dissimilarities.

At the minute, I'm more interested in the Watchmen Motion Comic currently being released fortnightly. You can get them free on itunes, like. We're up to chapter 4. Warner Bros are releasing them so that the uninitiated can become aquianted with the book. Very very well done.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    You must have have only looked at anoneemuse's clip then because the one in my link is brand new
    I agree literally adaptions never 100% succeed(I thought LOTR for all the spectacle was borderline reprehensible)but Alan Moore's given his thumbs up on the footage he's seen.
    Moore's no whore to the money so I for one don't take his endorsement lightly.

Obviously certain subtext will be lost and I have little doubt you will find fault in the film but hopefully as a fan you will also find much to like.

Thanks for the info on the itunes bit btw, I'll be sure to check it out.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    I find it very difficult to believe that Alan Moore has even seen any footage, never mind endorse it. He has sworn never to watch another frame of any film that comes from a comic written by him.

His name won't be on the credits (nor the motion comic I mentioned) and all the royalties will go to the respective artists. In this case, Dave Gibbons and John Higgins.

Any chance of a link to where he 'endorsed' it? In the last couple of months, he's been quoted as saying he'll be 'spitting bile' all over the place until the film is released.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Btw, this happened in the run up to V For Vendetta's release too.

Jeph Loeb publically went on record to say that Moore was on board and very excited with the project. Which was categorical bawls. Moore wanted nothing to do with the film whatsoever. He sued Warner Bros for it and got a retraction and an apology.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Didn't know that. I doubt the veracity of the article now.Probably as you say a studio plant.
    I'll see it I can find a link for you.